Daft Question - Technically the right place to ask it

pryko1987

Reaction score
If you purchase a player and spread the payments over x amount of months, do you need to have that full amount available when you make the offer for the deal to go through?

Say you offer 1m a month over 48 month when the offer is accepted you pay just the 1st month i think.

No, you don't. All you need is the money to make the 1st month's payment I think.

if you buy him over 4 years, you will pay 25% up front, and the rest in monthly installmants i think.

I think it is the first year. So with a 10m budget you would be able to spend 40m over 4 years.

No.

If you offered £40m over 48 months all you would need is £10m to cover the first twelve months payment. But then the following three seasons, your transfer budget is reduced accordingly to cover this.

Cheers guys. January transfer window approaching and am in need of a good DM, but only got about £2million to spend

Cheers guys. January transfer window approaching and am in need of a good DM, but only got about £2million to spend

Just a bit of advice, you can always snap up Arturo Vidal for around 2mil because Leverkusen don't need him and put him up for transfer, that's if you're in the first seaosn.