gogogo golem

Reaction score
Hello. I'm playing as Athletic Club Bilbao and as you may well know my fierce rivals, Real Sociedad, have a lot of quality basque players that wouldn't join my club. I have now made it my mission to attempt to sabotage there season to unsettle there players, namely Antoine Griezmann and Inigo Martinez.

So I would like you to share with me any methods you have of beating rivals and sabotaging teams.
Thanks.

Well you can always get opposition players unhappy some way or the other. Either keep declaring interest in them, or thrash their teams so they feel like joining a bigger club and things like that. I've had situations before where I have managed to upset rival clubs' players before and other teams have swooped in and signed them :D so be careful about that. And I also like to sabotage my own players who think they're too good for the club..you should do that, it's fun :D Like when United came in with offers for Joao Moutinho on my Porto save and he wanted to leave..didn't let him go then...he has since joined Fulham while I've won the Champions League :D :D

Well you can always get opposition players unhappy some way or the other. Either keep declaring interest in them, or thrash their teams so they feel like joining a bigger club and things like that. I've had situations before where I have managed to upset rival clubs' players before and other teams have swooped in and signed them :D so be careful about that. And I also like to sabotage my own players who think they're too good for the club..you should do that, it's fun :D Like when United came in with offers for Joao Moutinho on my Porto save and he wanted to leave..didn't let him go then...he has since joined Fulham while I've won the Champions League :D :D
Thanks, but if they join another club it's better for me as it is easier to get them in the future. e.g. How many players have played for both Milan clubs but they never make a direct jump. What I was as well for though is a way to sabotage the entire teams success as a whole but not just playing Llorente and Muniain against them as that is only one match and possibly a tiny morale change.

Damaging the entire team's morale is very hard to do since you have very little control over it. Just hope that things go very bad for them I guess. Humiliating them on the pitch in their own back-yard won't do any harm either. Else, just give them their space and see what happens :D

Damaging the entire team's morale is very hard to do since you have very little control over it. Just hope that things go very bad for them I guess. Humiliating them on the pitch in their own back-yard won't do any harm either. Else, just give them their space and see what happens :D
Thanks again. I'm just trying to damage them a bit and I wanted people to give me tips on how to just lower their chances such as insulting their manager in the media and put them under more pressure but I don't really know how to do that properly.

Inigo Martinez is my top Centre Back, don't be mean he scores 30 yard longshots all day

Inigo Martinez is my top Centre Back, don't be mean he scores 30 yard longshots all day
Thats the reason why I'm trying to sabotage Sociedad, Inigo Martinez is world class and one of the few players who I don't have to see through the ranks to be able to make my first team.

You can always talk to the press about a player, say they are/will be good, and declare interest and make bids, sometimes if they reject a bid the player gets upset and the club offers him out for a similar price you tried to sign him for.

All sounds like a lot of effort for very little chance of any real pay off. You may end up getting players to leave for another club but what's to stop that player moving to another rival in the same league.

Could end up making it harder for yourself after spending months private chatting every man and his dog. The game takes long enough already with scouting and dealing with your own team.

I'm wondering, can you sign players outside of the ''region'' playing as Bilbao on FM?