Play him as a ball winning mid (support) and play a creative midfielder along with him(advanced playmaker). If ur leaking goals put de Rossi to ball winning mid (defend)

i had him and he does like to blast in the rebounds from the corners.get him sitting outside the box and he'll pick up the scraps and fire the ball back with interest if way is open.
very determined character so picks up a lot of bookings and a few red cards for challenges.also if a player is beating him to the ball de rossi takes them out with some rough treatment.
will hate you if he is dropped and not motivate himself but a good buy if you need a bit of steel sitting in front of the back line.

I play him either as a ball winning defend or box to box. and I've discovered a way to buy brilliant players at a cheap. hint: player exchange. I bought ribery for 3.9mil and exchanged ben foster! then sakho will always take me many many millions..I bought him for less than 5 million with exchange for cleverly and caighcart. thing is..you must have the players they're interested in also! cheers!

Currently Playing with Aston Villa

I am in season 2019 De Rossi has just turned 36. His pace is now 10, stamina 13. But most of his attributes have remained the same.

I bought him from Spurs ( who i used to manage) when i moved to villa.

I play him just infront of the defence. I dont play him all the time becase of his age. however he likes big games, and if you set his instructions to not to roam, and mark man. He will cut out most balls even at 36!!

For me he is a must buy, ( my coaches still rate him 3 stars at 36!!)

Box to Box mid/support!!! He is a Stevie G type player ande can do it all!

Bought him once for 63mil, not very consistent for me then, won't buy him again as I just don't like him much, Mascherano and Hamsik would keep him on the bench anyway, I'd rather get in a newbie for the future for that cash!!!

Daniele De Rossi is a fantastic player, signed him a few times and he doesn't fail to impress. Play him DMC as an anchorman or a deep lying playmaker (depending on your formation and how much cover your defenders need). Although costly, hes worth every penny if you play him right and keep the cards he picks up in games to a minimum

Defensive Midfield
i believe he isnt as expensive the first year. i think i got offered him by Roma for 30ish million but i already had miguel veloso so i refused

I don't even think he's worth 25 million, god knows i would never pay that 61 million, but he is played best as DLP in DMC position, but you need to make modifications to it. Play him in Defence, but take away his long shots and crosses imo.

Ive brought De Rossi a few times, never seems to impress me. If i need a playmaker in CM i go for Fabregas and if i need a DM i go for Cambiasso, so im pretty much sorted anyway.

De Rossi is the best and most consistent player i've ever signed. Play him as a Box to Box midfielder and he will work wonders. Scores about 10-15 a season with around 10 assists aswell as holding the midfield strong and his goals are all SCREAMERS. When on the defensive stick him as Anchorman, imo best anchorman in the game stats wise

i payed 40m in my first season for him

Its a waste playing him at DMC, or Anchorman. He has high creativity and can defend. Use him as a Deep-lying playmaker in the DM postition. Its impossible to get past him, Zapata and my other amateur defender.....