thunderblood

Reaction score
How do you get Daniel Sturridge to work?
I never managed to get him to be a real threat in FM13 and the same thing seem to happen on this years version.
The main problem being the ppm "shoots from distance". It makes him useless,even as a poacher.
I play him right next to Suarez (CF) and he keeps shooting from every angle and distance possible,making him utterly useless.

Anyone have ny tips on making him playable?
If not,then I have to get rid of him.

Ive been struggling with him too. Im playing as England, and whenever I play him, he just shoots from anywhere, even if I tell him to shoot less. So Annoying

Played almost an entire season with Liverpool in a "test save" when I first got the beta. Sturridge didn't do very well.

Started a proper save a few days ago, and sold Sturridge in the first transfer window. Didn't even get a decent deal for him, just ?7.5m. Too bad really, as he's a great player IRL.

Had him score 10 goals first season, played around 20 games up front when Suarez got injured rest out on the wing. The shoots from distance PPM along with his not all that great attributes make him a real hassle to get to play and score well.
Sold him off second season for 11.5mil and got in Vela.

Play him right wing as an inside forward. Kept cutting inside and producing screamers for me. I'm in january, he's scored 11 and assisted 7 and has an average of 7.4

He got 22 for me in my first season playing as a poacher, but he played pretty much every game and I agree he does seem to shoot from ridiculous positions. First thing I did on FM14 was check his stats because I thought he would've been upgraded a bit more, but he seems to be pretty much the same as FM13 which is disappointing.

He got 22 for me in my first season playing as a poacher, but he played pretty much every game and I agree he does seem to shoot from ridiculous positions. First thing I did on FM14 was check his stats because I thought he would've been upgraded a bit more, but he seems to be pretty much the same as FM13 which is disappointing.
Hopefully they improve on them before release, failing that someone doing an update more than likely will. ^^)

Attributes are based on an 18-month period, and he has only been good since January (So about 8 months when they made the database)

Attributes are based on an 18-month period, and he has only been good since January (So about 8 months when they made the database)

I guess the 18 months period thing makes sense, but to be fair it's not like he's sprung from nowhere in the last 8 months. He scored goals at Chelsea when played, usually on the wing as well, and his loan spell at Bolton proved that he is a pretty prolific player, but just wasn't being utilised best at Chelsea. Even as a youngster at Man City, he was always a very clinical striker.

I guess the 18 months period thing makes sense, but to be fair it's not like he's sprung from nowhere in the last 8 months. He scored goals at Chelsea when played, usually on the wing as well, and his loan spell at Bolton proved that he is a pretty prolific player, but just wasn't being utilised best at Chelsea. Even as a youngster at Man City, he was always a very clinical striker.

But for the 12 months before Liverpool bought him, he barely played and when he did barely made an impact. The only time he was really any good at Chelsea was under AVB. (I think it was AVB anyway, might of been Ancellotti)

Are you sure about this? Because Januzaj has had a big stat increase and he has only really broke through in the past two months.

on my first seasson, he got 11 goals. at the end of the season, i offered him to clubs with 30M as an asking price and arsenal made an offer for 29,5M. :)

Shoots from distance contributes but so does his extremely poor teamwork. Some players who do shoot in distance IRL shoot ridiculously from distance in the game. For eg Oscar, he shoots from distance once in a game or maybe once in two games, yet he shoots like 4-5 times in a match, in the game. I'd recommend using editor to remove that PPM, because he doesn't shoot from distance all that often, although he does choose to shoot from ridiculous angles than pass a team-mate.

on my first seasson, he got 11 goals. at the end of the season, i offered him to clubs with 30M as an asking price and arsenal made an offer for 29,5M. :)
well i just sold him for 40m to manchester city (score 15 goal) lol and bough aguero for 37m he want to leave MC because he wanted to play at CL. And sold jordan handerson for 45m (Player of the year) to Manchester City and also bough yaya toure for 14m lol reason also same with aguero wanna play for CL.

Try using an update like marshalls and his stats will be more realistic

£45Million for Henderson and i thought £20Million was over priced hahaah

far from useless

Studge was a beast for me in my latest Liverpool save (default updated database). First season, he was second in scoring in the league, behind only Suarez!

Sturridge scored 22 goals, and also had 9 assists in the league. I played him as an AF, with Suarez playing as a F9 in 4-2-4 with wingers. My second formation was the 4-4-2 diamond, with Studge as a AF and Suarez as a CF. Suarez led the league with 25 goals, and was 4th in assists with 14 (i think).

I've recently started the second season, and I'm 4 games in to the start of the EPL. England won the world cup, Studge started nearly every game, and scored 3 goals. I rested him (and all of my English internationals) for most of the pre-season. So far in league play he's scored three goals in four games, playing as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1. As per RL, i managed to sell Suarez to Barcelona (for around 50m pounds)

So maybe i'm just lucky with him?... I dunno. The only instructions I usually give are to mark tighter, and pass it shorter. He seems to score most of his goals on the end of through balls. Playing a counter attacking system, like I do, probably helps too.