Danilo (Santos) signs for Porto

Deslandes

Reaction score
Porto has completed the 13 million Euros signing of Santos midfielder Danilo, the Europa League champions have informed the stock market.

The Brazil under-20 international, who can operate on the right side of both defense and midfield, is widely regarded as one of South America's hottest prospects.

Danilo found himself in the middle of a tug of war between Porto and Benfica in recent times, as the Portuguese duo were vying to sign him.

A statement issued by Porto to the Portuguese stock market reads: "Porto comes to inform that it has reached an agreement with Santos for the acquisition of the sporting rights of athlete Danilo Luiz da Silva. This agreement sees the payment of a fee of 13 million Euros."

The Brazilian's arrival is likely to pave the way for the exit of full-back Jorge Fucile, who has reportedly garnered interest from Serie A duo Roma and Lazio.

LINK

Thoughts? Do you think he'll do well on Europe? Or was it too early (or too late)?

I swear...Porto's scouts are the laziest bunch out there...They just play FM all day instead of doing their jobs.... I've lost count of how many FM wonderkids they have signed

I cant believe this... 13M€ chucked in the garbage. He's good, but not 13M good.

I cant believe this... 13M€ chucked in the garbage. He's good, but not 13M good.
He wasn't going to go for less, and he's not only good but also young, and probably signed one of those long contracts with high clauses PDC likes to offer.

I think he's going to do well.

He wasn't going to go for less, and he's not only good but also young, and probably signed one of those long contracts with high clauses PDC likes to offer.

I think he's going to do well.

Porto has a good thing: Players always play at their best, because if they dont, they will threatened by the Ultras. One player, Cristian Rodriguéz, when he was playing like ****, the ultras stoned his car when he was inside with his 8 year old daughter. People in the North of Portugal are usually savages.
Thats why the Porto players are so motivated. Thats why long term contracts work for Porto.

Porto has a good thing: Players always play at their best, because if they dont, they will threatened by the Ultras. One player, Cristian Rodriguéz, when he was playing like ****, the ultras stoned his car when he was inside with his 8 year old daughter. People in the North of Portugal are usually savages.
Thats why the Porto players are so motivated. Thats why long term contracts work for Porto.

Interesting theory...

...Or you're just bitter?

Yes, that's why they are motivated. Fame and money have nothing to do with it.
Great signing for Porto, I think he'll (Danilo) do well. Hmmm, Porto carrier on FM12 sounds easy now.

Yes, that's why they are motivated. Fame and money have nothing to do with it.
Great signing for Porto, I think he'll (Danilo) do well. Hmmm, Porto carrier on FM12 sounds easy now.
Fame and money have a lot to do with it. But when they start slacking, their cars get stoned.

Brilliant signing, forget the fee because they needed to outbid AC Milan/Benfica to get the kid. Him and Alex Sandro could be the perfect signings and could easily double their value for next summer, interesting to see how this plays out in regards to Fucile's future because Perreira is basically out of the door...

Well, for me this signing has a positive side. He isn't coming for Benfica. I know it may sound naive, but I don't think that my team should be wasting 13M (way too much) in a player to a position we do not have lack of quality considering that Maxi Pereira will continue with us.
Just to my fellow English mates, here is a list of players who were signed by Porto but brought to the table in Portugal by Benfica: Falcao, Alvaro Pereira, Cristian Rodriguez, James Rodriguez, Alex Sandro, Danilo, and maybe others, but which I don't remember.
Someone said, earlier, that Porto's scouts spend their days playing FM and signing its wonderkids. No, they spend the day looking for Benfica's targets to sign them. So, everytime one of them shines, I'm even more proud of supporting a club which has a scouting team who found so many good players.

Well, for me this signing has a positive side. He isn't coming for Benfica. I know it may sound naive, but I don't think that my team should be wasting 13M (way too much) in a player to a position we do not have lack of quality considering that Maxi Pereira will continue with us.
Just to my fellow English mates, here is a list of players who were signed by Porto but brought to the table in Portugal by Benfica: Falcao, Alvaro Pereira, Cristian Rodriguez, James Rodriguez, Alex Sandro, Danilo, and maybe others, but which I don't remember.
Someone said, earlier, that Porto's scouts spend their days playing FM and signing its wonderkids. No, they spend the day looking for Benfica's targets to sign them. So, everytime one of them shines, I'm even more proud of supporting a club which has a scouting team who found so many good players.

So true...and yes, glad that the lad didn't come to our side...way too much to pay for a player to a position where we have a good player. I would say that Benfica had already spent too much for this season, but we'll see...