Musclement

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm doing a career in fm 18 right now and I joined Brondby in the second half of the season, 7 games before the end of the "opening phase". I managed to climb a few spots, but I still ended up in a relegation group. I played the six games in there and easily finished 1st, as you can see below.

View attachment 30543

What happened next, is that the top 2 of each group go into a set of play-offs for the last European ticket, while the bottom 2 play relegation play-offs. However, suddenly I get the message that it's the end of my season and my players go on holiday. The following happened:

PLAY OFF ROUND 1
View attachment 30542
Sonderjyske and Vejle played each other in the first round. Sonderjyske won, so they advanced to the second round.

PLAY OFF ROUND 2
View attachment 30541
Sonderjyske (who came in 2nd in my group), plays Nordsjaelland, who ended first in theirs. Nordsjaelland wins and advances to the next round. However, I am not in any of these play offs, and I have no idea why. To me it seems like a bug, 2 teams who finish below me (Vejle and Sonderjyske) do get a shot at a European ticket, as well as the other group winner (Nordsjaelland), while I am not in any of these play offs?

PLAY OFF ROUND 3
View attachment 30540
Next up, Nordsjaelland is going to play AaB Aalborg, who ended 3rd in the Champions group.

Key question: Why am I being left out of these play offs at all?!