mikes2k9

Reaction score
I'm in my fourth season, starting fifth and Welbeck has listed himself for Transfer. He'll cost me 9m but I'm wondering if he'll do well. In my save United hasn't given him much of a chance although, last season he played 5 games and managed to score 4. It seems from when Sir Alex retired, he was disregarded. Is he worth having a punt? How has he turnt out in your saves? How would you get the best out of him?

I would say hes worth it, seems to score alot goals when he went on loan in my save. Maybe try and get him for 6/7mil :)

I tried getting him at Leeds but Chelsea beat me to it, currently topping there scoring charts pretty easily. Get him!

I play as Man U and he's incredibly frustrating player due to his low mental stats and relative poor finish and composure.

He's usually a 5/4.5 star potential but ****, for the first 3 seasons, the only god **** thing he has going for him is his frightening speed and pace and agility. Misses the easiest goals.

Angelo Henriques is miles greater a better talent.

i sold him in my first season to wolves, spent 3 seasons there scoring 15 in his first 20 in his second and 28 in his last before transfering to liverpool and carrying on his goal scoring record. There are better options though. Carlos Fierro, Angelo Henriquez, rodrigo etc.

i sold him in my first season to wolves, spent 3 seasons there scoring 15 in his first 20 in his second and 28 in his last before transfering to liverpool and carrying on his goal scoring record. There are better options though. Carlos Fierro, Angelo Henriquez, rodrigo etc.
There may be better options, but i'm Leyton Orient and i've just secured Europa League. So it'll be hard for me to attract players like Rodrigo, who also has a 25m Value.

But if you can think of anyone who would be better than Welbeck in the fourth season, for under 15m leme know!

Whats Carlos Fierro worth in the 4th season ? I paid 5.5mil in my first season.

Whats Carlos Fierro worth in the 4th season ? I paid 5.5mil in my first season.

Didn't look, only saw his stats were pretty good, he was at PSG so probably high value.

There may be better options, but i'm Leyton Orient and i've just secured Europa League. So it'll be hard for me to attract players like Rodrigo, who also has a 25m Value.

But if you can think of anyone who would be better than Welbeck in the fourth season, for under 15m leme know!

Oh ok lol didnt know that, maybe Welbeck would be a good option :) Have you checked Ademilson? he has a 6.25m release clause at the start for Sao Paulo, not too sure what he is worth in your save now but defo worth a shot

Last edited:
Oh ok lol didnt know that :) what about Ademilson? he has a 6.25m release clause at the start for Sao Paulo, not too sure what he is worth in your save now but defo worth a shot
I offered 5m, they came back with a 7m request. Pretty happy with that! Have you had him before? What's he like? [This is my first REAL save].

I offered 5m, they came back with a 7m request. Pretty happy with that! Have you had him before? What's he like? [This is my first REAL save].

i bought him for my man utd team and loaned him out for two seasons, in which i forgot about him and bought falcao and neymar :D but, sold him to qpr, socred 20 odd goals, went to burnley following season and scored 17 goals and then moved to chelsea and is banging them in, stats are ok but thats because i didnt nurture him properly :/ id recommend him, until a decent regen comes along anyway

Im with United and its true that he misses a lot due to low mental attributes, but im training him hard on composure and when he comes back from injury will put him again and main ST, since he is a very good player.

But in the 3rd season, you don't have good regens?

i have him in my united save im 6 years in and i stil have welbeck ive got his finishing and composure up but hes not that great i prefear henriquez better player all round and tbh welbeck is a better IF on the left he scored me a few goals from that position but as the focal point of an attack ner better options out there

TBH I don't get the FM always rates him highly (4.5 stars at the start of the game) and then have him be such an average player when in the actual in-game.

The most frustrating thing is that you can't trust him to lead the line, because he's so inconsistent. He misses good chances and those end up costing you 3 points.

welbeck is very good striker.. i used to play him in my utd save.. he scores for fun n scored loads of hattricks for me.. but a negative thing is he will go on a poor run at some point in a season but he'll get more than 25 league goals a season..