Dans Dafuge Challenge - A Weymouth FC Tale

dani3w

Reaction score
Dans Dafuge Challenge - A Weymouth FC Tale

oP4CmFS.png
Wx0HGKw.png
tGCETHH.png

For those of you that don't know what the 'Dafuge Challenge' is it can be found here. But in simple terms, you take a team from the Skrill South/North who weren't previously playable all the way to the Premier League and then the Champions League hopefully! So after simming through a season I decided to take on Weymouth FC, a side just an hour down the road from where I live.
TGkJGka.png

So this is who 'Weymouth FC' are! They are a newly promoted side to the English Skrill South division in the 2014/2015 season and are currently a Semi-Professional club with just a local reputation. The chairman loves the clubs whilst the finances are only 'okay' with the estimated value just three hundred and seventy five thousand pounds. They own a six thousand six hundred capacity stadium, the Bob Lucas Stadium with basic changing rooms. As expected, predicted to finish 22nd out of 22 teams in the Skrill South this season.
gUsg5uv.png

A busy summer was on the cards for us as we brought in nine new faces, looking to strengthen enough to stay in this division for the season and hopefully compete up the table a little. Here are reports on everyone we brought in this summer. Mark Osborn, Gareth Barfoot, James King, Ian Herring, Chris Watters, Jonny Lynn, Ashan Holgate, Vince Chamberlain, Iain Harvery. All in all, this gave us a good basis to take into the new season...
b9QUJAP.png

So as I said, this gives us a strong starting squad for the season to come, hopefully this will be strong enough to press on up the league this season and see us steer miles away from any relegation threats! We can hope anyway! Don't get too ambitious with the teams ratings! The players are only rated so high for the clubs footballing level and based on the best players at the club. We aren't likely to push a promotion bid this season...but anything could happen...
hjJqz9B.png

The summer on the pitch was about building as well as trying to bring more money into the club! We drew three of our ten games we played and lost three seeing us win the other four. We should of beat Minehead and potentially Bristol City under twenty ones. Beating local side Chard and then Yeovil under twenty ones was good. Heavy defeats against Blackburn, Aston Villa and Newcastle under twenty ones was tough but it was all about gelling this year.

As I said I've already played through my first season, so the next update won't be too far away, involving how we got on in all competitions, the fixtures, the statistics and youth intakes all to come next time around!

I like the format and everything, so I'll be following - good luck!

Thanks LovanoFM!

Thanks TheFalso9! Should be good! Lengthy thats for sure!

Thanks Minergy!

Weymouth FC - Season Review 2014/2015
l Skrill South l FA Cup l FA Trophy l​

oP4CmFS.png
Wx0HGKw.png
tGCETHH.png

Here is my latest and hopefully most successful attempt at a long term story this year! Taking on the 'Dafuge Challenge' and taking lonely old Weymouth FC from the Skrill South all the way to the top of English and potentially world football! After holidaying the first season to get them as a playable team it was time to take them into competitive action after the already seen pre season. We were predicted to finish 21st out of a possible 21 teams this season...

Skrill South (Player Statistics)

4iJlEU2.png

Fixtures 1 l fixtures 2
So whilst some may see this as a bad season, finishing in twelfth but considering we were the newly promoted side when I took the reigns and we were predicted to finish twenty first out of a possible twenty one we did good finishing up in twelfth. In the forty two league games we won sixteen, drew nine and lost just seventeen, so by all means it wasn't an awful season but our defence let us down big time! We conceded one hundred and five goals in the league but did score ninety one times, our approach of scoring one more than your opponents almost worked! We finished the season on fifty seven points.

FA Trophy (Player Statistics)
4ZgaKCH.png
We had a rather good run in the FA Trophy! We began in the Third Qualifying Round where we;d face Gosport! Here we claimed a two one win away from home. We then beat Canvey Island in the First Round away from home as well as beating same league side Tonbridge four two in the Second Round, once again away from home. We'd crash out in the Third Round against Skrill Premier side Eastleigh who beat us two one.

The FA Cup also saw us beat our expected boundaries set by the board. We beat Carshalton in a nine goal thriller in the Second Qualifying Round as we won six three. The Third Qualifying Round saw us beat non league side Met Police three nil before we crashed out in the Fourth Qualifying Round, one before the first round proper as Newport Co beat us five two convincingly.

Youth Intake 2015
biHPmx8.png

Our youth intake appears like it could be a good one for us! There are plenty of players who are available to jump straight into the first team, they've all been signed up now. All the players have a five star potential too but once again its just based on our current best player in the team I believe and judged on how good my assistant is at judging potential and current ability.

Next Seasons Aims
Compete for a playoff spot in the league and try to gain promotion this time around! Hopefully another building summer is on the cards and the board will give us a bit bigger budget to work with! We've got enough players scouted to bring in should I be able to change the wage budget in any ways! If not some players may need to leave first! Another good run in the FA Trophy would be beneficial for us whilst a run in the FA Cup would be financially beneficial for the club as a whole.

Thanks minergy! No boring football with us with those goals/conceding tallies!

oP4CmFS.png
Wx0HGKw.png
tGCETHH.png

So last season has come and gone and it saw us finish well outside the relegation zone and all the way up in twelfth place, ten places above our predicted finish of rock bottom! This season was going to be another one of those though it seemed! With the media once again pipping us to finish down at the root of the table it was going to be another tough year. The summer has been played through so once again here is how it all looks as we had into the 2015/2016 season, my second at the helm here at Weymouth FC.
43Dgiks.png

A quieter transfer window this year around as we brought in just four new faces, once again not needing to spend a penny, once again not having a penny to spend! Once again there is no 'real quality' in the players we have brought in, just needed some fresh faces to replenish the ones we have already lost this summer. Adam Flint, Chris Seeby, David Gilroy and Andy Walker are the men that I hope can help fire us to a higher finish again this year.
lM47uJ3.png

And so we have a strong side to face the 2015/2016 season as we have our new faces in the team. Once again the team have plenty of ability and I'm hoping we are able to use that to our advantage. With six players rated five stars by our assistant and another three at four and a half stars we have a solid basis once again. I still plan on using the Lower League Management tactic I have set up but this 3-1-4-1-1 also worked quite well towards the later part of the season!
2Rwj9G3.png

So another busy summer on the pitch concludes out pre season once again. We faced nine friendlies where we didn't embarrass ourselves too much! We won just three, drew three and lost the other three. Our defeats were expected, well two of them as we lost to Villa then stuffed eleven nil to Burnley! But we now head into the season with a gelled team I hope!

Interesting tactic but it looks pretty solid so it looks successful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks WHite Army, hopefully we can get the most out of them!

Yeh it worked now and again minergy, just keeping it going!

Thanks mike!

oP4CmFS.png
Wx0HGKw.png
tGCETHH.png

A second season here in charge of Weymouth FC has now come to an end and this year we looked to be more successful at the helm. Last season saw us finish up in twelfth, ten places above our predicted finish but we conceded way to many goals. The aims of this season was to try and gain promotion one way or the other and then to seek a cup run, could we do one or even both of these this season...

Skrill South (Player Statistics)

76kmBLL.png

Fixtures 1 l fixtures 2
A fine season for us, much better than last year as we finished all the way up in third place and claiming a playoff spot come the end of the season, but we had chances to win the league as we were top on more than one occasion. Last season we scored ninety one and conceded one hundred and five goals this season we scored one hundred and conceded eighty, still by far not the best defensive display but a fantastic amount of goals scored, in fact it was the best in the league this season. So now it was on to the playoffs for us, a side predicted to finish down in twenty second were entering the playoffs...

We have done it! Promotion is ours by the slimmest of margins! Whether we deserved it or not, we've made it and we are the side who will be heading to the Skrill Premier next season. The Semi Final First Leg saw us face Boreham Wood away from home where we won two one! Second leg we weren't as good and slipped to a three two defeat which forced extra time and penalties! We went on to triumph in the shootout and force ourselves into the final! The Playoff Final saw us face Sutton United where we battled to a winner in Extra Time. We were behind after just ten minutes but Flint leveled before the break. It went to extra time where Gilroy netted in the one hundredth and eleventh minute, seeing us promoted!

OLpcOLv.png

Last season we reached the latter stages of this competition and we showed promising signs of what our team could really do. But this season we would crash out in the first round proper, for the second season running against a Skrill Premier side. We did well to beat Farnborough after needing a replay in the third round of qualifying but lost against Woking.

So no cup run at all for us this season as we have a short and miserable spell in the FA Cup as well as the FA Trophy. Our run never really got going here. We eased through the first round at home against Totton before being completely embarrassed by same league side Oxford City much to my displeasure as my boys just didn't turn up.

Youth Intake 2016
kXA61FL.png

Another good youth intake for us for the years to come as we secure all our candidates on youth deals yet again. Daniel Turntley is the most likely to make a name for himself and is potentially a candidate to play for us next season already! Dixie Tomkins also has a chance of reaching a five star potential whilst six others are likely to make it above three star rating.

Next Seasons Aims
Promotion come at a slight surprise this season, obviously it was in my aims last season to do it this year but with us predicted rock bottom it was still unlikely. Next season will be another season where we look to just survive the division! Obviously relegation will be a huge step backwards so we will go for surviving the division! A cup run, especially in the FA Trophy would be beneficial for us. Who knows, maybe silverware will await us.

A great season, buddy, I hope you succeed next season in the Skrill Premier too - I'm looking forward to more updates, I enjoy the style of your updates greatly!

Thanks TheFalse9, it was a tough season but this year will be even tougher! Thank you :)

G1uQwy0.png
Wx0HGKw.png
YOwmTe0.png

Another season and it will be our first in the Skrill Premier Division following an amazing and unpredictable promotion from the Skrill South! With a new season and in a new division we earn a new kit deal with Adiddas and now have two new kits to go into the year with as well! Hopefully they can bring us some luck on the pitch. Another busy summer on and off the pitch saw us try and strengthen the side on tight budgets whilst trying to make it work on the pitch.
w7rMW2u.png

Back to the busy life in the transfer window as we had to recruit almost a whole new team this year if we were to be competitive in the competition and battle against relegation bravely. We originally lost seven players who didn't want to renew contracts but then fired out our new faces. Here are the new players who I'm hoping can step into the club and push us forward this season. Jason Hallett, Matt Sargeant, Matt Collier, Peter Smith, Theo Ola, Tom Moncur, Andy Smart, Steve Burton and Dan Gleeson.

7SLTDKG.png

Our finances are in a bad way right now! We sit in the red and by a fair amount. One hundred and forty eight thousand pounds in the red and its showing now signs of improving right now! The last thing I want is the club to go into administration or for the club to go and get a loan debt and put more pressure on us financially!
0UwOiBc.png

Another strong looking team by the ratings once again as we head into our first season in the Skrill Premier and hoping for our survival. I'm hoping to secure a few more players before the window slams shut at the end of August which will give us a bit more rotation as well as using all three of the tactics I used last season!
KtAg1FZ.png

On the pitch wasn't quite as good for us this summer as we struggled in the first half of the summer but picked it up nearing the end. Another nine friendlies were played this summer which saw us slip to five defeats! two draws and just two wins and some of the games weren't as challenging as they should of been. But our form picked up in our final three games so hopefully thats the team gelling together.

G1uQwy0.png
Wx0HGKw.png
YOwmTe0.png

My third season in charge of Weymouth FC has now come to an end and it was to be my first in the Skrill Premier as we looked to make a name for ourselves as we begin to climb the divisions! With promotion taking two seasons from the Skrill South it was time to get down to business and make our aims for the season come true, to avoid relegation, the last thing we wanted was to end back down in the regional division...

Skrill Premier (Player Statistics)

0GMidso.png

Fixtures 1 l fixtures 2 l Fixtures 3

Wow! We only just made it this year. We had a few patches of good form in the middle of the season and towards the end we beat the teams around us which saw us climb out the relegation zone with six games to go and hold on to survive the division by just four points in the end. We picked up fifty two points from our forty six games, winning twelve, drawing sixteen and losing eighteen, not a great season, but we survived and as I said from the end of the last season, that was our aims.

r0K6kOk.png

No FA Trophy run was on the cards again for us this season as we slipped out in just the Second Round. Being Skrill Premier sides we started in the First Round where we beat Solihull Moors confidently two nil. The Second Round drew us against same league side Dartford where we ended up slipping to a three nil defeat and crashing out.

The FA Cup was just as bad for us as we crashed out the First Round once again. We started this time in the Fourth Qualifying Round where we faced non league side Truro, here we drew two all at home and had to do it al in the replay. We won two nil away from home to see us advance to the First Round. We faced League One side Mansfield who beat us two nil.

Youth Intake 2016
dYNKbjY.png

Not a bad intake (the players in green) came in the summer with a few promising starts once again for us. Dominik Tonkin looks to be the most promising from the youth intake before Niall Coleman looks just as promising. A couple other stars joined the rankings as well as Chris Ryan and Rolando Giua both join.

Next Seasons Aims
Aims for the next reason...survival and push for a midtable finish. It certainly will not be an easy task for us, the club are still struggling with the finances and are in turmoil there, we don't want the club to go into further debt and administration as this will cost us points and reputation. We don't want the board taking a loan out as thats just extra debt we need to repay, so potentially a cup run has to happen this year too!

Very good story so far mate. Well done on your first promotion too :)
I love the layout too, will definitely be following this.

Thanks EndlessTimeZone, our first promotion was the important first step! Now we must continue to build. Thanks once again!

G1uQwy0.png
Wx0HGKw.png
YOwmTe0.png

The fourth summer I've now been in charge of Weymouth has quickly come and gone and I have to say this was probably the hardest one to date. Last season saw the wage budget get out of control, spiralling to over two thousand pounds a week in the red, meaning when our budgets were reset we couldn't renew contracts, seeing us lost seventeen players and that still left us with just two hundred pounds spare in the wages. So a quiet transfer window was to come.
5Fp83zs.png

So as I said it was going to be a quiet transfer window and that showed as we brought in just two players. A summer where we had to build really didn't happen. The new faces saw us bring in central midfielder James King, before bringing in a new striker in the name of Jordan Woodley.

T6DGGWQ.png

The financial situation at Weymouth FC has gone to pot and is getting worse month after month. We now head into this season in the red and heavily. Our balance sits at minus three hundred and eighty one thousand pounds! No transfer budget and even worse, our wage budget is now also being over spent by two hundred and fifty one pound a week.
ibML3HF.png

So we lost not one, or two, but three goalkeepers in the summer which now sees us have just one at the club and thats our under twenty one star Colin Ashton, he is now thrown in the drivers seat and will be our force in goal. Our squad doesn't look to bad seeming we couldn't improve once again but hopefully we can battle on this season and finish a little higher up the table.
yQb9eMf.png

Not a bad looking summer on the pitch came as we faced the usual busy summer of football. Nine friendlies were played over the last month and it saw us successful where we were expected to be. We lost to AFC Wimbledon at the start but went on to beat our under eighteens and Devizes. A draw to Gillingham Under twenty ones before we beat Longwell Green. Losing to Cardiff three one, beating Hamworthy five one as well. We then ended the summer with a defeat to Brendford and draw to Dorchester.