dani3w

Reaction score
I've been away from the forum for several months and finally got back into football manager and thought I'd bring you my latest career, a little out of the norm compared to where some people manage but here is my South African Adventure...

Dan's South African Adventure...

J4tLo.png

There aren't very many goals set to this career however I will set some targets out at the bottom of this opening page. I tend to stick with this save until the new game is released and just want to see how far I can take the continent as a whole with individual clubs in the league and the national team once my reputation as a manager becomes good enough.

SSt8C.png

My leagues loaded are simple and easy to keep the game speed fast. For some reason I always load England, Spain and Brazil, more than likely because I like to watch the young regens who come through the teams and countries and hope to steal a couple once the clubs reputations rise. I have loaded all them on view only along with South Africa to the lowest (National First Division) league on a large database with only eleven thousand players loaded.

P9aet.png

And here is my manager...well...me. Just an English twenty twenty five year old man living off his parents. Now after venturing to South Africa and creating my manager with a second nationality of South Africa I look to employment. I do however only sport Sunday League footballer reputation and along with that I will start unemployed...

Trophy Targets:
Win the South African National First Division - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the South African Premiership - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the South African National First Division Cup -NOT ACHIEVED
Win the South African FA Cup - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the South African Knockout Cup - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the South African Super Eight Cup - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the African Champions League - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the African Confederation Cup - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the African Super Cup - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the African Nations with South Africa - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the World Cup with South Africa - NOT ACHIEVED

Other goals and targets:
Win a cup competition - NOT ACHIEVED
Earn Promotion from the South African National First Division - NOT ACHIEVED
Win a League title - NOT ACHIEVED
Qualify for the African Champions League - NOT ACHIEVED
Qualify for the World Cup with South Africa Win a cup competition - NOT ACHIEVED
Reach the final of the African Nations with South Africa - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the National First Division and Premiership with a team from the National First Division - NOT ACHIEVED
Win a domestic double (no more) - NOT ACHIEVED
Win a domestic treble (no more) - NOT ACHIEVED
Scoop all four domestic trophies in one season - NOT ACHIEVED
Win the Premiership and Champions League doubled - NOT ACHIEVED
Gain the top spot of the continental Hall Of Fame - NOT ACHIEVED
Gain the top spot of the national Hall Of Fame - NOT ACHIEVED
Gain the Top Spot of the English nationality Hall Of Fame - NOT ACHIEVED
Gain the top spot of the All time Hall Of Fame - NOT ACHIEVED

Progress:

Club Management:
Started Unemployed
10/07/11 -
R4fJv.png
Hired at MP Black Aces
2011/present -
R4fJv.png
MP Black Aces

International Management:

Last edited:
Nice idea, never seen a South African story so will be interesting

Thanks gogogo golem! It is interesting for sure!

I like it here in South Africa Sam! hope You stick around to see the progress

11pC9.png
So after setting up the league it was time to see what was what here in South Africa and what would be available for me to jump straight into. And that didn't take long to find some appealing looking jobs to get me going.

fXCgo.png

There were four potential jobs I could apply for and all were in the same division. The National First Division is the lowest league in South Africa and Atlie FC, MP Black Aces, United FC and Witbank Spurs were all looking for a new manager. There were also five international jobs available but with my reputation I'd just be shrugged off so I won't apply for these

UbG4h.png

I stepped up the job hunt almost immediately applying for four jobs more out of hope than expectations. Applying for MP Black Aces, Atlie, United FC and Witbank Spurs, four. These four were all the vacancies in South Africa at the time and all in the National First Division.

wdjlT.png

MP Black Aces, a team I briefly played with in South Africa during a previous save were the first team back with a contract offer. Not a glorious one but ninety thousand pounds to spend and already over spending on the wage budget which needs some sorting but they are predicted second in the league.

KuEf2.png

Witbank Spurs were next back and once again an offer very much alike MP Black Aces. However they didn't have any money for me to spend for transfers and were already over spending on the wages making it harder for me to sort the mess out. They are predicted thirteenth in the league

qtr1K.png

Atlie soon followed suit and were the third team to approach me from South Africa as it looked my plan to start there would happen. Offering me just over ten thousand for transfers and thirteen thousand for wages, however they were already spending seventeen and a half thousand on wages. And are predicted sixth in the league.

jrVsF.png

And after applying for all four jobs available in South Africa I received my fourth job offer there to. United FC followed everyone else in offering me a contract. Another club offering me ten thousand for transfers but the wages are the same with thirteen thousand being available and seventeen thousand the current wage bill. Predicted to finish eighth.

Now comes the tricky choice on where to begin. I feel MP Black Aces will be the best place to start and possibly the easiest from what I've been offered...

I'd go for Black Aces or Whitbank Spurs. Black Aces because they're good and you've got a reasonable budget but Spurs are paying less wages with a bigger wage budget and transfer money isn't neccessary at this level.

Black Aces mate, they are a decent team, even though I dont watch PSL here in SA (I am born and bred) live in Durbs!

Will be following this for sure :) good luck mate! should convert currency into Rands as well :) will mind **** a lot of people..

£1 is equal to R13.3

Hey Dan, you had the same career on sortitoutsi.net right? I'm JrWebby :p Going to be re-doing the same career on there as well?

Thanks gogogo golem! Black Aces have an awesome name and are certainly a big contender for me to choose from!

Thanks Raiken! I like MP Black Aces! Nice to know you will follow! changing the finances would screw me up to so I think I will leave that for now!

IArsenal or Jrwebby! Yer I am redoing this but just on here as I have started too many on susie as of late!

Thanks pei!

The choice is made...​

V5oCA.png

So I had to finally make the choice and there was a side of me tempted to decline all the job offers and wait for something to come up through the season! But I went ahead and accepted the side that was most appealing to me and jumped straight into action.

8i9O7.png

It was of course MP Black Aces the South African side who are predicted second this season and one I had a short spell with before. This should be interesting but first things first I will review the squad and show you what I've decided to do with the financial situation. Some of you may notice that I have negotiated the deal and I have accepted a five year contract plan on two thousand pounds per week.

k8VRG.png

Two goalkeepers are at the squad as I take control but I hope to bring in at least one new one over the summer even if its on a free as I believe the quality of both these keepers are extremely short. So the first area to fix up will be here. For now Tampungu will be the leading keeper through friendlies.

tfHDb.png

Defensively is much more appealing to me as we have some standout players to keep us strong. Two strong right backs and three strong left backs along with one strong centre back certainly looks to secure the back line. However a couple of pieces of 'deadwood' in the team that will need to be let go for me to sort the financial situation out.

BWmfL.png

Unfortunately it can't be the same said for Midfield. Ofcourse we have a couple of decent, standout players including current loanee Koketso Mmootong and Bantem. But again there are players here who simply are just taking up the wage budget and wasting it who will be let go.
dSeZu.png

Finally there is no quality up front at all. We have four standout strikers and none of them are to have a high 'quality' thats for sure. More players are going to be brought in upfront only after we have released a couple or sold them to make some extra money.

KcQal.png

Finally the finances aren't too bad at the club. We have a very nice three hundred thousand pounds in the balance whilst I've transferred all the money I had available for transfers into wages and asked the board to provide more wages to me which now sees me over spending on wages by just two and a half thousand pounds but I will continue to look to cut this.

dIpbM.png

The clubs trophy cabinet currently stands very...empty. With just one trophy in their seventy four year history we will look to change that and even try and capture the South African FA Cup for myself! But its something to build on!

Pre season round up - 2012​

V5oCA.png

Pre season has come and gone and it was a quiet one for us on the transfer front. I decided not to make any signings after transferring my transfer budget to wages and looking to lower the wage bill there was little I could do to improve. However we did see a few exits along with a busy front on the friendlies to deal with.

XdCiO.png

First things first I had to lower the wage bill at the club and one thing I had learnt about lower league management with teams who are financially strikened is releasing players will send the club into the red big time. So I went and sorted two deals out first. With left back being a strong position for me I sold Gordon Gilbert to league rivals Thanda Royal Zulu for one hundred thousand before selling Thabo Moloi for a further twenty thousnd. With the budget on the rise I then went on to release three players on a free whilst keeping the budget in the black. I haven't signed anyone this pre season.

N7vWZ.png

Pre season went to plan and showed me I didn't need any more signings to date. However I will keep the search on for a new keeper. We played nine friendlies varying from non league teams to Premier division teams. We performed well picking up seven wins from nine and losing jsut twice. We narrowly lost out to Premier League teams Orlando Pirates and Sundowns but did beat Platinum Stars , Bidvest Wits and FS Stars, all are Premier League teams. We also picked up some easier wins.

7S2Lm.png

As I said I did work on the finances and the friendlies against the Premier League teams and the transfers helped the balance rise. I had the balance up to over four hundred thousand before releasing three players. We still sit two hundred thousand in the black and now have a spare one and a half thousand pounds to spend on wages. However we will lose money each month in South Africa.

5qODO.png

We have an interesting start to the season. My first month in South Africa will begin with an away trip to Thada Royal Zulu who I face in the first round of the First Division Cup. I then welcome FC Cape Town in the first league game of the season before traveling to Chippa United to end the month. However if we win in the first round of the cup we will face a cup tie instead and then face Chippa United on the final day of the month.

August 2012​

V5oCA.png

The new league season has kicked off and for us its kicked off with a bang. We ended up playing four games in the part month of August as we sailed through the first round of the cup and faced the quarter final clash as well as two league games to open the season. A big season was ahead of us

UoYiQ.png

We've made a comfortable start in both competitions. We welcomed Thada Royal Zulu in the opening game in the First Division Cup first round and went on to win the game with a first half goal. Mmotong found himself free in the box to net home a low strike.

Our first league game of the season saw us welcome FC Cape Town in a five goal thriller. We fell behind early on but before the break Massina netted an equaliser before the break from the spot. Cape Town took the lead for the second time five minutes after the break. But in the final ten minutes we came back perfectly with Tsotesi and Phiri both netting.

Another home game saw us welcomed Witbank Spurs in the First Division Cup quarter final and a seven goal thriller saw us conquer. Mmotong put us infront before Kennemeyer doubled our lead. Before the break Witbank Spurs netted one and then twice after the break to sport a three two lead. Bhengu came off the bench to net an equaliser before the comeback was complete with Mahashe won the game with a header.

To end the month we traveled to Chippa United and rounded off the perfect opening month. We took a one nil lead into the break as Motau put us infront. Second half we ran riot Phiri doubled our lead and Muamba made it three. However before the final whistle Chippa United netted a late consolation and we saw a goal ruled out for offside.

jgi0N.png

I would say we've made a more than comfortable start to the first season with me in charge. A confident showing in the cup to already be into the semi finals and a strong start winning both our first two league games. We are scoring for fun with six goals already however conceding three is a few too many for my liking. Joint top with two other teams too.

xDg4K.png

My first 'full' month in charge looks like this. September will begin with the big semi final clash with us traveling to Dynamos in the First Division Cup Semi Final as we look like we could go all the way. We then return home to face Atlie FC and Bay United with a trip to African Warriers in between the two home league games.

nice results, good luck :) hope you beat Bay Utd.. as I am actually from PE :p