Dan's Training Schedule Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
Warning!
This thread is dedicated to a tool I have been working on to help design "personal" training schedules for your players. The idea of creating a single, specific training schedule for each player is time consuming and requires dedication, it is not everyone's "cup of tea" - therefore please don't do the obvious and comment on this thread about the time it takes to create individual schedules! ;)

I have long pondered the problems with generic positional training schedules (such as my own Dan's Training) and wanted to explore the idea of creating player specific schedules that considered the players own strengths/weaknesses.

I have been working on developing the Training Schedule Calculator that you will find attached to this thread. It is an excel tool that considers the key, secondary and perfunctionary attributes required for a preferred position and then measures the players individual attributes against those requirements before suggesting a training schedule to suit.

The TSC is still in it's infancy and needs more testing but I am happy to share in the hope that I can garner some constructive criticism. I am sure there are a few bugs in there so apologies in advance as I hope to iron these out along the way.

There are instructions to use the TSC on the first worksheet, the calculator is on the second (the third and fourth worksheets are used to complete the calculations).

Pompey_Dan :)

Last edited:
This will be of great help, Dan. I thank you so much.

looks good, you should check out prozone's work on sfrasers schedule for any ideas as well. really belive that this is something that SI should really look at. training is incredibly complex, but complete overlooked in terms of guidance, advice and explanation on how to go about creating schedules. certainly when compared to the how formations etc are looked at

Last edited:
Brilliant tool, also Sfraser's and Docsanders is also worth a look mate :) keep up the good work :D

Thanks guy, but remember that it is a work in progress and any feedback after use would be much appreciated. ;)

Ok, so here is the first of a few tests I am going to run under controlled conditions.

Test conditions: selected Manchester United and juggled coaches to achieve the following star ratings in each training discipline...
Strength 4«
Aerobic 4«
Tactics 4«
Ball Control 4.5«
Defending 4«
Attacking 4«
Shooting 4.5«
Set Piece 4.5«

The following “test players” where then each given individual training schedules using the TSC...

Johnny Evans DC (training as Ball Playing Defender)
Fabio D/WBL (wingback)
Anderson MC (central midfielder)
Macheda SC (poacher)

The test players were chosen for their varying degrees of potential

Johnny Evans (current 2.5« potential 3«)
Fabio (current 1« potential 1.5«)
Anderson (current 2« potential 2.5«)
Macheda (current 1« potential 3«)

Here are the screenshots of their starting and end of season attributes...

View attachment 79111 to View attachment 79115

View attachment 79113 to View attachment 79117

View attachment 79112 to View attachment 79116

View attachment 79114 to View attachment 79118

This the affect of training on each players key stats:

JOHNNY EVANS:
Disappointing attribute increases, but note that no atributes decreased as a result of the training. Also the assistant coach seems to think that Evans has exceeded initial expectations to reach a 3.5« rating!

View attachment 79132

FABIO:
Again few increases, but importantly no decreases. Fabio spent 4 months of the season out injured (non-training related!). It's also possible that a "fullback" training should have been used rather than "wingback." Like Evans Fabio's « rating has increased.

View attachment 79133

ANDERSON:
Vast improvements seen with Anderson, with 8 of 10 key attributes and his « rating improving!

View attachment 79134

MACHEDA:
The most improved of the test players, all of Macheda's key attributes except one increased as did his « rating.

View attachment 79135

Early signs are that the training seems to improve, or at least maintains, key attributes by design. I believe that this is an improvement over the more one-size fits all approach of coventional training schedules. It is worth remembering that different players improve at different rates and can fail to achieve their full potential (this is due to a hidden stat in the game). More tests to follow.

I have also tried his will leave my feed back after a season or so, though i haven't the best coaches. :(

a player playing regularly, with high morale etc will improve quicker than someone at the opposite end

why cant i change the attributes?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

fixed it

definetly give it a go, looks an interesting tool Awesome work as alwasy Dan:)

Thanks Dan. Will give this a go for sure.

Going to use this for my players next season and will hopefully report good progress.

Watch this space.

Much appreciated, Dan. (L)

Ok i'm going through making the schedules now, thanks for the tool! The screenshot shows one of my CB's, with his stats, and the schedule recommended shows a fair amount of attacking and shooting training, though neither are needed for a CB at all. Is the objective with these schedules to create well rounded players or make them excel at the required attributes?

Also a few of the players i've done, have a workload at the very high end of medium, would this not cause alot of injuries?

EDIT: My team being Lyon would mean my players fall under level 1, though would the youth players be set down to say, level 2, or just have a heavy workload? (By youth, I mean younger backup players that are over the age of 18, and therefore on senior schedules) I'm guessing keep them on level 1 to help them develop to the right standard.

I'll post the results on some random players once i've done a season.

Last edited:
dan can i ask what your theory is behind your training? because i use sfrasers ( i actually used yours a lot, before i defected :p ) yours achived some very good results, but think some of you training is heavier than needed, for example i dont think your centre forward one needs to be that high in places

Status
Not open for further replies.