Dan's Training Schedule Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I decided to test with my new porto save instead, here's a few results after the first season:

Some good results with Fucile, alot of improvements and only 1 decrease, in finishing. Though as you can see he picked up a long term injury near the end of the season so that could be why.

Otamendi is one everyone would expect to improve alot and these schedules didn't disappoint, big improvements on all key defensive stats.

Addy is a player I assume has a decent enough potential. A few improvements, and no stat losses. Didn't get many games though.

Another young player with decent potential. Alot of improvements, no losses.

I'd have to say these schedules are better than position specific ones as i've had no stat losses (except from through injury), whereas I did before with the other setup. Great work Dan :)

Also I was wondering would it be a good idea to edit the calculator to consider a player's age when suggesting schedules? Or would it not make a big difference?

Ok so I decided to test with my new porto save instead, here's a few results after the first season:

Some good results with Fucile, alot of improvements and only 1 decrease, in finishing. Though as you can see he picked up a long term injury near the end of the season so that could be why.

Otamendi is one everyone would expect to improve alot and these schedules didn't disappoint, big improvements on all key defensive stats.

Addy is a player I assume has a decent enough potential. A few improvements, and no stat losses. Didn't get many games though.

Another young player with decent potential. Alot of improvements, no losses.

I'd have to say these schedules are better than position specific ones as i've had no stat losses (except from through injury), whereas I did before with the other setup. Great work Dan :)

Also I was wondering would it be a good idea to edit the calculator to consider a player's age when suggesting schedules? Or would it not make a big difference?

Great feedback mate, really appreciate time and effort spent on it!

I agree with you about the player age having an effect and the need to balance the inevitable decline in physical and aerobic stats. I'm going start looking into exactly that and hope to release some amendments in the near future.

Thanks again bud.

is the calculator supposed to open in microsoft excel. if so how do you change the stats on the second page. I click on the box it doesn't allow me to enter a new number. cheers

is the calculator supposed to open in microsoft excel. if so how do you change the stats on the second page. I click on the box it doesn't allow me to enter a new number. cheers

Have you opened the workbook in read only?

This produces results right? I started a new game and have Fabregas, Gibbs, Eastmond, Coquelin, Fazio and Otamendi on their own training schedules.

Testing it on 2 of my regens now, Will let you know how it goes..

2mzjpzb.png

5pepo3.png

Last edited:
Why do we mac users always miss out :(

It's because they are RAR files I believe. You need WinRar to convert them but it doesn't seem to work on a Mac (i'm a Mac user).

So to download Dan's Training Schedules I used a PC with WinRar on it and saved the converted files on to a memory stick. Plugged the stick into my Mac and imported the files into the game in the normal way.

I tried your calculator on 2 players Fabian Monzon, 24 years old, and Patricio Rodriquez, 21 years old, I've used the schedule for 1 and a half years.

Before Monzon
attachment.php

After Monzon
attachment.php

I picked the Full-Back role and I think it has helped this player where needed.

Before Rodriguez
attachment.php

After Rodriguez
attachment.php

The role chosen here was Advance Playmaker and it has improved his mental attributes and physical the best.

First up, I've just noticed that this thread has been stickied... wow! Thanks as it's always nice for your work to go appreciated, but please remember everyone that it is a work in progress.

Thanks for the feedback it is helping me develop the tool further and I hope to release an update really soon. :)

I tried your calculator on 2 players Fabian Monzon, 24 years old, and Patricio Rodriquez, 21 years old, I've used the schedule for 1 and a half years.

Before Monzon
attachment.php

After Monzon
attachment.php

I picked the Full-Back role and I think it has helped this player where needed.

Before Rodriguez
attachment.php

After Rodriguez
attachment.php

The role chosen here was Advance Playmaker and it has improved his mental attributes and physical the best.

Cheers wee-lee-13, appreciate the effort and time you've put in on my behalf. Great to see that of the 10 key attributes needed by a fullback Monzon improved in 7 of them! I see from the screenies that he also improved in 7 of the 13 secondary attributes for his position, this indicates to me that the focus of training here has been pretty much spot on for Monzon. This has been to the detriment of some of his set piece stats and if he is a key set piece taker you may want to consider adjusting the suggested schedule slightly.

With Rodriguez the improvements have been less pronounced with 4 of the 10 key attributes improving together with 4 of 5 secondary attributes. It is worth remembering that players improvement will be dictated by their potential ability but still no key attributes dropped. One key attribute (Off The Ball) actually jumped 2 points.

I am hopeful that the new update will address some of the questions that the testing has revealed and want to thank everyone who has contributed so far. Watch this space.

Just created one for Diego Buonanotte as an attacking midfielder but it looks a little light, have i done something wrong or is this the best for him? Could i push parts up a little to get him to improve even further?

Thanks for this tool, i think this is a great idea as i often spend alot of time collecting the best coaches and searching for youngsters so now i can develop them best i can to make that time worth while! :)

Just created one for Diego Buonanotte as an attacking midfielder but it looks a little light, have i done something wrong or is this the best for him? Could i push parts up a little to get him to improve even further?

Thanks for this tool, i think this is a great idea as i often spend alot of time collecting the best coaches and searching for youngsters so now i can develop them best i can to make that time worth while! :)

It's suggesting a lower workload on the training schedule because he is very good in the key attributes for an attacking midfielder. By all means push the training higher but I wouldn't expect hugh increases. Might be worth looking at Trequartista training which is slightly harder and more attack/creative minded, alternatively you could push up the set piece training?

Let me know how you get on.

It's suggesting a lower workload on the training schedule because he is very good in the key attributes for an attacking midfielder. By all means push the training higher but I wouldn't expect hugh increases. Might be worth looking at Trequartista training which is slightly harder and more attack/creative minded, alternatively you could push up the set piece training?

Let me know how you get on.
I pushed his training up and have been using it for the last 2 weeks (haven't got too far recently) but have seen all his stats drop drastically. I will continue the schedule for longer as it may be as he has just joined. Though he has had some excellent form recently and i haven't had any reports of any issues blending into the team (though there is a language barrier).
Never mind just lost the save as my computer crashed :'( will make a backup save next time. Still thanks for the help and i second that a youth schedule builder would be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.