Dario Srna a must buy when Man Utd?!

StueyRob

Reaction score
Started a new season with man utd and in my backroom meeting my staff recommended I sign Dario Srna, I don't usually take notice but in this case I did after looking at his stats!
In his 1st 5 games he's been amazing scoring 1 and having 5 assists and that has been from playing at RB & RW. Best thing about him is he can play RB/WB/RW so he's pretty versatile on the right hand side.

I'd highly recommend to buy him on your 1st season, but he will cost around 20mil.
I payed 7.5mil upfront and about 12mil after 50 league apps.

Another bonus is that's the fans absolutely love him which boosts your friendship with the fans :).

Anyone else bought him for man utd or any other team?

van der wiel is not a bad choice for Right Back ...hehe...cost lower than 15 million

No I do not recommend signing Srna.... you have Rafael who is destined to become a brilliant full back, he needs games. In the first season you need to concentrate on finding replacements for Paul Scholes (which is no easy job) and Ryan Giggs.

Oh yes and not forgetting that you need to replace Van Der Sar at the end of the season and probably should get a replacement for Ferdinand as his stats start to decrease significantly.

Amazing in FM10. He scored a hattrick of freekicks for me once. Havent bought him in FM11 though.

Interesting. Srna was a player I was looking at, since I've been having a problem of who should be my no.1 RB. At the moment, it's been Wes Brown, since I've spent msot of my money on other areas of the pitch. I think Brown/O'Shea/Rafael can do an adequate job for the 1st season, but I'm going to be getting rid of O'Shea later and possibly Brown too.

As for VDS, getting Akinfeev for 22.5m was a good deal :) Scholes' replacement is at Standard Liege (Steven Defour) and a very good replacement for Ferdinand can be found at Everton (Jack Rodwell), even though Evans and Smalling are good enough anyway.

Use Rafael, he will become one of the best RBs in the game with proper training.
If not, then Van Der Wiel is a good choice.

Interesting. Srna was a player I was looking at, since I've been having a problem of who should be my no.1 RB. At the moment, it's been Wes Brown, since I've spent msot of my money on other areas of the pitch. I think Brown/O'Shea/Rafael can do an adequate job for the 1st season, but I'm going to be getting rid of O'Shea later and possibly Brown too.

As for VDS, getting Akinfeev for 22.5m was a good deal :) Scholes' replacement is at Standard Liege (Steven Defour) and a very good replacement for Ferdinand can be found at Everton (Jack Rodwell), even though Evans and Smalling are good enough anyway.

Interesting points made, personally I would recommend selling Wes Brown as you can get a nice 5 or so mill for him and keeping O Shea. Simply because O Shea is very versatile and I rate him more much higher than Wes Brown. As for the RB position I recommend playing Rafael as much as possible as like I said earlier he has the ability to be come top class and he does a adequate job from the start/ (Although you do want to consider putting his Individual Training Focus on Positioning).

I have not replaced Van Der Sar yet as I am only in the January Transfer windows first season but I will definitely be looking to replace him at the end of the season, Akinfeev is good but I will probably look towards De Gea or Neuer who I think can be better.

As for Ferdinand replacement you want a similar type of player and Rodwell is a pretty good choice.... or Jan Vertonghan maybe but Man City have signed him on my Man U save so I will have to consider other options. :S

No I do not recommend signing Srna.... you have Rafael who is destined to become a brilliant full back, he needs games. In the first season you need to concentrate on finding replacements for Paul Scholes (which is no easy job) and Ryan Giggs.

Oh yes and not forgetting that you need to replace Van Der Sar at the end of the season and probably should get a replacement for Ferdinand as his stats start to decrease significantly.

I still play rafael but rotate him with srna, as for replacements, I've bought Kivrak (gk), Munoz (CB) & Paulo Henrique (CM/AM)

I still play rafael but rotate him with srna, as for replacements, I've bought Kivrak (gk), Munoz (CB) & Paulo Henrique (CM/AM)

Cool but personally I would not of bought a RB and would of spent budget on getting a top class replacement for Giggs such as Hazard. But Srna is definitely a top player so it is not a waste.

Cool but personally I would not of bought a RB and would of spent budget on getting a top class replacement for Giggs such as Hazard. But Srna is definitely a top player so it is not a waste.

I actually have hazard aswell, sold brown, oshea, carrick, kuscack & park.

Bought - Kivrak, Chramosta, hazard, henrique, vertonghen, srna and muno

rafael will be one of the best right backs if not the best

I actually have hazard aswell, sold brown, oshea, carrick, kuscack & park.

Bought - Kivrak, Chramosta, hazard, henrique, vertonghen, srna and muno

Oh right I was gonna say how you get the budget for all that but then it explains itself with those players you have departed ;)

No, you'll onlu get around 3 seasons of him.
Just rotate Brown & Rafael for the 1st season then play Rafael more 2nd season, then on the 3rd season he will be world class.

Srna is a good attacking full back or wing back..His tackling and dirtiness is a bit suspect and this makes for too many yellow and red cards..
As for Ferdinand replacement, I've found Jan Vertonghen is the main man.

I just work with Rafael.
3 seasons into the game he is class..

Started a new season with man utd and in my backroom meeting my staff recommended I sign Dario Srna, I don't usually take notice but in this case I did after looking at his stats!
In his 1st 5 games he's been amazing scoring 1 and having 5 assists and that has been from playing at RB & RW. Best thing about him is he can play RB/WB/RW so he's pretty versatile on the right hand side.

I'd highly recommend to buy him on your 1st season, but he will cost around 20mil.
I payed 7.5mil upfront and about 12mil after 50 league apps.

Another bonus is that's the fans absolutely love him which boosts your friendship with the fans :).

Anyone else bought him for man utd or any other team?

Yes always buy him my first new signing in fm11 lol

rafael if not then van der wiel but i also get jan vertonghen

Mate, if you rotate a lot, and also have a bit of injuries or suspensions, you should get about one and a half season from 49 aps, yeah?
Sell him before he's played those 50 league games, and you'll have made an absolute steal at 7.5 mill.

Will look to buying him in the future, with a similar deal. That is fantastic.

he's right I got hamsik to replace scholes, coentrao to replace giggs and adler for van der sar at the end of my 1st season. Iv'e signed a new rb who play's for OM he's spanish his name escapes me but he will join my team at the begining of my 3rd season when o'shea's contract runs out.