Darkatdawn's The Way is it meant to be played

Darkatdawn

Reaction score
Darkatdawn's The Way is it meant to be played

Formation & Instructions:

View attachment 250485

Opposition Instructions:
  • Assign assistant manager via the Team Policy screen.
  • Training workload set Very High Teamwork during Pre-season, then change it to Average Teamwork.

Note: If you are managing a small team with limited resources, your team will gain next to nothing if you set the training workload to Average, leave it on Very High, the player who play more often will still develop. If you have a top 10 team type, then after pre-season, lower it to Average.

Pitch size:Standard/maximum​

Player suggestions :

Goalkeeper:Good old fashioned Keeper normal shot stopper etc
Trequartista: It is not a requirement to be a Messi look a like or anything similar to that level ( if you can afford one like him that's fine but keep in mind that your "Messi" wont last the whole match on the pitch.
Poacher: Someone that is not either too fast or slow, like Danny Welbeck or, my favourite striker,a diamond in the rought, Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.
View attachment 250493

Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace scores so many goals, pokers included, that I am amazed how he does it with such low skill ratings and he shoots the ball underneath the keeper 90% of times when going for goal. He is truly masterfull doing so and I highly recommended that you get him.

Extra notes:

1) Teach the MCR to try killer balls
2) Teach the striker places shots/runs with ball through centre/beats offside trap
3) Teach MCL Marks opponents tightly/short simple passes
4) Teach wingers knocks balls past opponents and runs with ball often

Special Insight​

Yet another year passes by and SI does not give a frack about the Game Engine. Still not possible to emulate Total Futball due to GE limitations but this tactic exposes yet another flaw.
I mentioned that your Trequartista will not last the whole game, the reason is that the GE somehow punishes this specific type of player role hard. Often he wont even last 45m let alone the whole game AND, this is crucial for you success, DO NOT allow him to drop bellow 70% match fitness ingame, if he goes bellow that value, your team will either tie or loose and when it happens,goals fly into your net by the dozens.

The hometactic puts some strong emphasis in the midfield, you will sometimes score 4 in the 1st 10 minutes of the game and then the team slows down a bit to control the play. In the same 10 minutes, you will see how hard the game will be, you either will rape them or it will be a battle in the midle of the park and as you know, matches are lost in the midfield.

The away tactic is a more relaxed version, your team puts pressure only in your side of the field, your players do not chase the opposition players like moronic headless chickens and then expose your teams to fast counter attacks. Your team plays as a block and you will see players covering mistakes from other players when defending, your team goes up as a block, mids stay outside the box, wingbacks go up to the edge of the box and cross to the far post also.

And finally, dont buy 50 new players and expect them to play as a team, bench the new player for a while and slowly introduce him into the team just like Alex Ferguson does with ManUTD.
Remember, this is a marathon not the 50m speed race.

View attachment 250495View attachment 250496View attachment 250497

View attachment 250498

Feedback is appreciated of course but above all have fun doing it. Good Luck

Looks good. Think i used one of your tactics in the past.

I think you need to show a few more screen shots of your results and the league table however.