Darren Bent v Edin Dzeko

Dzeko is the better player, but I think Villa paid £9m less for a more proven goalscorer. How do we know Dzeko won't completely flop in the Premier League?

Dzeko will score goals but Bent is a machine in the PL and i think he will score more than Dzeko.

Bent will definatley score more goals this season, however perhaps Dzeko will adjust next season and begin to bang them in (hope not though);)

Who knows? Dzeko could potentially flop, but Bent is already a proved goalscorer in this league... So we can wait and see

I am a Villa fan, pleased to have signed Bent, But i honestly prefer Dzeko

from now until end of season I think Bent will score more Premier league goals.

Fantastic thread. You guys have just compared Edin Dzeko to Darren Bent... Well done XD

I prefer Darren Bent, he has experience in the premier league, unlike Dzeko, Dzeko sort of lowered his tempo when Grafite had an awful season, Dzeko needs a guy similar to Misimoviç, who is literally FAILING at Galatasaray at the moment, I dont see ManC having a guy like Misi, and I doubt they can find one, Bent in the other hand can create goals by himself, he can get help from the wings.Bent will score more then Dzeko in my opinion.Sunderland will slowly fall to the lower rows aswell, Gyan can't score those goals by himself, I know Sunderland has more strikers, but they're not like Bent!

Dzeko has be given time, look at Drogba he was **** in his first season with Chelsea.

Have a feeling dzeko will be a flop whereas bent scores goals wherever he goes

Well are you saying that assists are less valuable to team than goals? Xavi says hi.

i am yes, Xavi's game is much more than assists so i'm not sure what you are chatting

Surely assists are just as important as goals, and vice versa?
Because if the ball does not get in the net you will not get an assist?

You two could start your own class: How to start a pointless argument 101.

First of all you can't compare them just on their first 2 games, but I do think bent will score more goal this season defo although dzeko will be remembered as a bergkamp type player (more of a second striker)

both of them cost more than torres!
Have you ever heard the term " time value of money"?

And about Dzeko, dont know you guys but I liked the way he plays in yesterdays game. He convinced me that he has what it takes to be a great premier league striker. City and Mancini failed hard though.
I will go with Dzeko since I have seen him play in Bundesliga and I am sure he will prove himself useful soon enough.