The FM-Don

Reaction score
Hey FM Base, I never really see any reccomendations of Darren Bent when people are needy of a striker, so I was wondering have you ever bought him? or how did he play under you when you was Sunderland, Best role?

_41530912_bent270.jpg

poacher for me and yeah he does get goals! there are just better value players that's why people don't talk about him.

Great player for me at man city and got him for 7m as he was wanting out

depends what formation you play I guess.. if you're playing two up top, him next to drogba would be lethal! just how you'd fit the midfield in would be a toughie.

depends what formation you play I guess.. if you're playing two up top, him next to drogba would be lethal! just how you'd fit the midfield in would be a toughie.

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Alex - Cole

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Pastore

Bent - Drogba

??​

yer should work well.
malouda gonna have to move on I guess then ha.

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Alex - Cole

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Pastore

Bent - Drogba

??​

If you play the front three (Pastore, Bent and Drogba) in attacking roles, with Pastore as an Advanced Playmaker on Attack, Bent as a Poacher and Drogba as a Complete Forward on Support, you should have a very good attack.

If you play the front three (Pastore, Bent and Drogba) in attacking roles, with Pastore as an Advanced Playmaker on Attack, Bent as a Poacher and Drogba as a Complete Forward on Support, you should have a very good attack.

Yh this is what I was thinking of doing.

Essien - Box to Box

Lampard - Ad Playmaker/ CM Support

Mikel - Dfensive Mid support

What you think??

lampard and essien box to box, mikel defensive playmaker normally works better for me.

I have never bought him but he sure looks interesting, always scores a bunch of goal for whatever team he plays for in my games.

for me bent scored 28 goals in the league in my first season as poacher

i played him as an advanced forward and set it to run on to ball and scored loads

Playing him as a poacher alongside Torres at the minute, 8 games (5 goals) in the league - Torres is 11 games (5 goals) playing as Advanced Forward.

he was really good in my Sunderland save in fm10. either deep lying or poacher, a beast!! banged in almost 50 goals in a season, i think was average 1.5 goals per game. defo buy him if you have the cash, way better than Charlton Cole.

What passing instructions :

Direct or Short ??

Quick or Slow??

depends on opposition. i'd normally go short, slow though. that's how they play in real life and you've got the players to make it work. but tactically away from home against big teams in europe I'd probably play counter, direct and quick.