Darren Ferguson set to be named as peterborough manager

hahahhaha ...I guess everyone expecting that daddy will be over his soon shoulder

He's guaranteed loans singings from man united lol just look at preston when he was there

Good appointment IMO.

He won't get many united players. They're in league 1 and Fergie won't want his top youngsters getting experience at a low level club.

Good appointment IMO.

He won't get many united players. They're in league 1 and Fergie won't want his top youngsters getting experience at a low level club.

lol but he sent them to Preston anyways, plus I am pretty sure Fergie will send some low-level youngsters to blood them

You can't really say that, most of the old Preston United lonees have got new clubs now, Joshua King is going to Nottingham Forest and the remaining reserves aren't going on loan this season because they're in Warren Joyce's reserves League Team... I can't really see which United player would end up there.

There must have been a **** of a lot of patching up between Ferguson and the chairman for him to go back

I think this is a good appointment tbh, knows the club well and helped there raise from League 2 to Championship, but he will need cash and time to turn them around

Tbh other than Barry Fry stepping into a Dalgleish style role, I don't think there were many other options apart from patching things up with Fergie. We've had what, 5 managers in a year? I can't see anyone else being overly keen to work for Darragh McAnthony.

Fergie won't have come back without being given some assurances over squad improvements, so hopefully we can find a repalcement for Mclean, almost anyone will be better than Agard and Obika, who to put it bluntly, look ****.

Tbh other than Barry Fry stepping into a Dalgleish style role, I don't think there were many other options apart from patching things up with Fergie. We've had what, 5 managers in a year? I can't see anyone else being overly keen to work for Darragh McAnthony.

Fergie won't have come back without being given some assurances over squad improvements, so hopefully we can find a repalcement for Mclean, almost anyone will be better than Agard and Obika, who to put it bluntly, look ****.

I know you said Fergie wont want to. But maybe the 3 players he pulled back from Preston could go to Peterborough?

I know you said Fergie wont want to. But maybe the 3 players he pulled back from Preston could go to Peterborough?

They could do, i doubt it though. When we really needed some players to help keep us in the Champioship we got Ben Amos for 3 games...

Big Fergie might have a change of heart this time roud, i'll be surprised, but hey i thought Little Fergie wouldn't be coming back so who knows.

Last edited:
They could do, i doubt it though. When we really needed some players to help keep us in the Champioship we got Ben Amos for 3 games...

Big Fergie might have a change of heart this time roud, i'll be surprised, but hey i thought Little Fergie wouldn't be coming back so who knows. Although i highly doubt Welbeck wil be allowed to play in league 1.

welbeck wasn't at Preston??? was it not James, De leat and King?

I'm tired as ****. He's at Sunderland now isn't he, derp derp.

He was at Preston last season...