Darren Ferguson set to return to Posh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
It's being reported that Darren Ferguson is all set for a return to the Posh, after Gary Johnson left after not seeing eye to eye with the chairman.
Will this be good for the Posh?

What's he going to do? Get them promoted and get relegated again?

wow I was genuinely joking when I suggested this but I guess it makes sense. Guess he's going back to where he made a name for himself managerial wise and hoping this can help him re-establish himself

Aparrently he has the same ambitions as the chairman, and wants to get into the Prem.

If this does happen, does this mean they get all the Utd youth players? LOL!

Any manager that gets 2 automatic promotions, is definately worth giving the job to. Be interesting to see what happens

Aparrently he has the same ambitions as the chairman, and wants to get into the Prem.

We will never make it to the Prem under our current chairman. Last time we went up to the Championship he spent almost nothing, allowing little Ferge to bring in 2 players, hence we came rock bottom. We won't ever become a stable Championship team, let alone a Prem team without a new stadium, which the current chairman will not finance.

We have also just sold our best striker to Hull for £1.25million, having turned down an offer of at least 3 times that much from Hull about 12 months ago. Judging Obika and Agard from their brief appearnaces in the Fulham match, they look about as good as the **** we've bought in before to try and support Craig Mckail-Smith. Anyone who's seen Shaun Batt play will know he's not a fotballer.

If this does happen, does this mean they get all the Utd youth players? LOL!

Nope, even when we were in the championship under Fergie we only ever had one Utd palyer on loan; Ben Amos for 3 games because Joe Lewis was suspended. I can't see big Fergie letting palyers who are good enough for the Championship go and play mid table football in league 1.

I would be surprised if little Fergie returns to Posh, there are reasons (and a great deal of rumour about) why he left, and i don't see how any of those have changed.

The talk around town is the possible return of Barry Fry from the boardroom to the touchlines to take over until the end of the season.

Last edited:
Fair play to Darren, hopefully he'll get the job and be straight back into football management with a team he's already worked with previously. Hope he does well and I hope SAF sends him some talent.

Yeah. Sometimes some managers do well second time around. Doesn't help much if he does go there, when he has to deal with a goal keeper demanding to leave the club though lol

should have never let him go!

back to back promotions what do you expect! cours eits going to be hard in the championship should have stuck with him he had a league 1 team playing at championship level apart from the 3 fowards.. makail-smith, boyd and mclean and now mclean left

should have never let him go!

back to back promotions what do you expect! cours eits going to be hard in the championship should have stuck with him he had a league 1 team playing at championship level apart from the 3 fowards.. makail-smith, boyd and mclean and now mclean left

Our midifeld is arguably stronger this season with McCann, Weslowski and Lee Tomlin :wub:

Last year we had the joke that is Diagouraga playing centre mid, and occasionally Exodus Geoghan!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:04 PM ----------

Well i am shocked.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/...-be-named-as-peterborough-manager-t59759.html

Status
Not open for further replies.