Darren Fletcher as RB?

• Thread starter Thread starter ReDevils
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 5K

ReDevils

Reaction score
I remember this season Fergie put Fletch as a RB because of the defensive injury crisis. Then I wondered how he would be at right-back in FM. The stats required for a right back are:
Crossing Marking Tackling Anticipation Concentration Positioning Work rate Teamwork Acceleration and Stamina.

Fletcher has 14 Crossing,14 Marking, 14 Tackling, 16 Anticipation, 17 Concentration, 15 Positioning, 18 Work rate,19 Teamwork, 13 Acceleration and 20 stamina.

He seems like a really decent right back except for the lack of some speed.
Compared to Evra: he has better crossing, concentration, off the ball, positioning, work-rate,teamwork,and stamina. They same marking and Anticipation. Meaning Fletcher is only worse in Tackling ( by 1) and Acceleration. His stats in Prozone's Squad Analysis shows he is better than Evra at being a fullback.

I think training Fletcher to be a RB might be rewarding, his stats surely show that. Also he can easily solve the RB area of United (I know they have enough money to get a better one, but still...)

I only just thought about this today, so I don't have any screenshots to show his consistency or ratings when he is at RB. If your willing try him and let me know how it works out!

I retrain Hargreaves to RB too. John O'Shea proves versatility is key lol

:Swhy move the best CM in the world to RB :P :)
I play a 4-4-2 and I like to have 1 attacking 1 def mid, so usually when Hargo gets back from injury, I play Anderson and Hargreves. Because of that Fletcher is on the bench or makes cameo appearances when played at CM.

Two anti-Liverpool posts in a row, How will Danny come back? ^^)

Hes one of the most solid CM player in World perfectly utilisied by Ferguson.

Fletcher is easily amongst the best midfielders in the world in real life. Had he not been suspended in the champs final last year i think man utd would have won

man utd would never have won the champs league final with fletcher he is average at best

Best CM in the world?

*Sigh*... Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Kaka, Essien, Mascherano, Diarra, Toulalan, Lucho Gonzalez, Yaya Toure, Felipe Melo, Xabi Alonso, Veloso, Moutinho...

Any more?

He isn't aab. It's so true how we missed him v Barca. The man's a legend, I criticised him as much as anyone a few years ago but now he deserves a place in the first XI as much as anyone at United. To quote Wayne Rooney after the City game: 'I wouldn't want anyone else playing there'. Veloso, Moutinho better? Someone's been playing too much FM. The first few in your list maybe. He's the first choice midfielder for the reigning English champions, that says enough,

As for in FM, you could try it, especially if he isn't getting a game and has good RB stats.

Best CM in the world?

*Sigh*... Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Kaka, Essien, Mascherano, Diarra, Toulalan, Lucho Gonzalez, Yaya Toure, Felipe Melo, Xabi Alonso, Veloso, Moutinho...

Any more?

pirlo, barry, gerrard, lampard, gattuso

****, I missed those? oO)

ngog is a striker mate, fletcher is an over rated cm, de jong better anyday and so is barry and theyre not the best in the world, anyway i wouldnt put him out of position

Fletcher is like comparing Champ Manager to Football Manager, it tries hard but will never be the best.

Back