View attachment 188293

Assistant manager Steve Torpey approached me with a few suggestions for a physio as he felt that the club needed one more, to make sure Jeff Miller isn't overworked. Emma Gimpel came highly recommended by some of the staff members. View attachment 188295

To improve the quality of our coaching staff, I had a talk with Cresswell about him working on a coaching course. Cresswell agreed and I talked to the board about the issue. The board were hesitant at first, but I convinced that this is in the club's best interests and they reluctantly agreed. Hope Cresswell comes benefits from this and becomes a top class coach!
View attachment 188294

RELEGATION CONTENDER vs. PROMOTION FAVOURITES

Our next three games are against sides that are all favourites to clinch promotion to the Championship. Bradford City, Preston and Bristol City are all going to be tough opponents. Bradford are sitting second, but Preston and Bristol are currently struggling and are in the middle of the table. Preston and Bradford were actually relegated from Championship last season. Tough three games!

Here...we....go....

View attachment 188229
The only home game of the three, and probably our best chance to take points home. An early injury to Platt and a nervous few moments around the hour mark aside, this game went as well as I would've hoped. We defended well and put just enough pressure on Bradford to stop them from going all out attack. Bradford failed to convert their penalty in the 61', but it was a very harsh call to begin with.

Game ended 0-0. Fitting result and I'm pleased with it!
View attachment 188228

Midfielder Tom Platt out for 4-5 months!!!

View attachment 188204
With Oliver and Hyde misfiring, I gave young Ellis Bellamy a start. And it worked wonders. Bellamy scored an early goal off a McCoy cross from the right wing. That ended up being the only goal of the night as we pulled off a major upset by beating Preston.
View attachment 188219

No available first team GKs as Roche joins Flinders on the injury list.
On-field results are going our way but things aren't all that good off it. With Flinders already out injured, Roche's injury will force me to use my U-21 keeper for the upcoming game. And it's a bad one too as Roche will be out for 5-6 months!
View attachment 188211

View attachment 188205

18 yr old Kieren Price makes his debut in goal while Bellamy starts again, ahead of Oliver and Hyde. And he doesn't disappoint. He scored, once again off a McCoy cross from the right wing. A nice run into the box and a lovely header. A relatively early lead, once again.

Bristol attacked with impunity after that and threatened to equalize. But Coulson equalized with a tap-in off Lester's cross to give us some breathing space. Bristol couldn't find a way back and we won 2-0. Another major upset. 7 points in the last three games when I was hoping for 1 or 2. Wonderful!
View attachment 188208

Last edited:
Some great results there!! Hopefully you can hold it together until some of the other guys come back from injury!

View attachment 188102

Where experienced Jake Hyde and Vadaine Oliver failed, Ellis Bellamy shone. Consistency in goal scoring, especially from our attackers is something we've been lacking this season but Bellamy has scored 2 in his last 2. I decided to let the 19 yr old know that I've been pleased with his recent performances. Hope it doesn't go straight to his head.
View attachment 188101

View attachment 1011709
View attachment 188100
Back to back victories over Preston and Bristol City have seen us move to 5th spot in the League, which is a delight. 10 of our 18 points have come away from home, which is a clear indication of our sub-par home performances.

We shouldn't get carried away with our place in the table as only 5 points separate 5th from 15th!

Making a quality job of league one so far, keep plugging away at it mate!

View attachment 187837

View attachment 187839

View attachment 187838
Not a bad way to make your professional debut, huh? Of course, these accolades aren't worth much but it's pleasing to see an 18 yr old kid put in a strong debut performance, which was a late decision.

But it wasn't all good news at the club. I received some troubling news as I made my way to the training session this morning. Jeff Miller, our head physio mentioned that James Berrett hurt his neck during one of the gym sessions. Berrett has been the star performer since I started at York and we'll have to cope without his presence for 3-4 games.
View attachment 187836

Update: So, my PC started giving me issues a few days ago and it got to a point where it kept crashing upon start. I was forced to reload Windows and it wiped out all files on the drive, including this save. I tried a lot to keep the files from being deleted, but this was the only choice.

Sadly, this story will have to end prematurely. I had some interesting ideas for this save but alas! I haven't decided if I'm going to start a new story. I'll have to see.

Thanks to everyone who followed and commented on this story. :)

Ahhh man - that sucks to hear about your PC!! Looking forward to whatever story you start up next though.

Awh man. Similar thing happened to me with my story on FM15 so that truly sucks. Hope you do start another one though. This was a great read.

That must have hurt a lot my friend. Hope you have not lost your mood for the game and see a new story from you soon !!!!

Really hope there's a new story coming up, this has been great. Such a shame it ended like this :(