Johneil

Reaction score
Hey, I have just started a new game with Dartford on the un-patched version of the game, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with any players I can sign to my club which are of decent quality? Any responses will be much appreciated :D

Last edited:
I am also doing Dartford, although in all honesty I didn't know where Dartford was on the UK map till I started the game. I started with my local Team Leamington and gave up on them because I wasn't good enough to manage them. After almost 1 year looking for a job Dartford finally gave me a job in October 2010 with most key players injured. A few more matches and more and more players were getting injured. So I mutually termiated the Physio and brought it new Physio. Will post more details on my current playersand people I brought in once I get home and have access to the game.

Are you from Dartford?

Thanks for those links:) No, I'm not from Dartford actually, I started a game as unemployed and after a month or so they offered me the job:) I'm from Norway;)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I am also doing Dartford, although in all honesty I didn't know where Dartford was on the UK map till I started the game. I started with my local Team Leamington and gave up on them because I wasn't good enough to manage them. After almost 1 year looking for a job Dartford finally gave me a job in October 2010 with most key players injured. A few more matches and more and more players were getting injured. So I mutually termiated the Physio and brought it new Physio. Will post more details on my current playersand people I brought in once I get home and have access to the game.

Thanks, that would help alot! ^^)
Currently I'm only allowed a total of two combined coaches:(

Nobody in those 2 posts really help you because they are generally discusing players from the top 2-3 leagues in the countries. Rarely does any one look at the lower leagues.

Yeah..I just noticed:(
It's alot more fun and challenging to manage though! :D

Unfortunately I got the sack. I realised that I am not good enough to manage the really lower league clubs. Went on for more than a year being un employed so got bored and retired. Staring a new game now this time a bit higher legue - BSP

Let me know how that goes mate! :) And keep me posted on who you buy and such:)

some good player that i recomend u to buy when u manage a lower league team in english :
1. Wayne Graves (M C)
2. Tommy Black (AM RLC)
both of them free when you play for the first season.

some good player that i recomend u to buy when u manage a lower league team in english :
1. Wayne Graves (M C)
2. Tommy Black (AM RLC)
both of them free when you play for the first season.

Thanks alot mate! Will check them out as soon as I get back home to my game:D

Nobody in those 2 posts really help you because they are generally discusing players from the top 2-3 leagues in the countries. Rarely does any one look at the lower leagues.

Those two links are the place where you ask about players you could sign for your team. It stops there being lots of threads like this with everyone asking who to sign

Those two links are the place where you ask about players you could sign for your team. It stops there being lots of threads like this with everyone asking who to sign

Indeed, but I could find nothing relating to lower leagues, like BSS/BSN and BSP...so I found it appropriate to put this thread in the Lower League Managers area, so we can help eachother out:) If possible, I can rename the thread to something like 'Lower League Players' or similar if that would be better.

Last edited:
Started with Wrexham this time in BSP. Hopefully I will be able to take them to League2 in a couple of seasons without getting the sack. In terms of players to buy - I bought Ibrahima Thiam. He is a striker, got him for free and has score 6 goals in 7 appearances, 2 as a sub. I also got the board to get a parent club - Liverpool. So got two players on season long loan from the Liverpool reserves with no contribution to their wages - Victor Palacios in midfield - again a gem amd David Ayala in defence, he has been solid so far.

FM 2010 is the first time I am playing any kind of Football Manager, so I am an absolute rookie in the real sense, so I am learning it the hard way:)

Started with Wrexham this time in BSP. Hopefully I will be able to take them to League2 in a couple of seasons without getting the sack. In terms of players to buy - I bought Ibrahima Thiam. He is a striker, got him for free and has score 6 goals in 7 appearances, 2 as a sub. I also got the board to get a parent club - Liverpool. So got two players on season long loan from the Liverpool reserves with no contribution to their wages - Victor Palacios in midfield - again a gem amd David Ayala in defence, he has been solid so far.

FM 2010 is the first time I am playing any kind of Football Manager, so I am an absolute rookie in the real sense, so I am learning it the hard way:)

i think u should got promotion in one or two season, 'coz wrexham have a solid team already. 8-|

i think u should got promotion in one or two season, 'coz wrexham have a solid team already. 8-|

Let's hope. Some of the players cannot motivate themselves to play as I am their Manager :lol: One challenge is that I am not good at tacticts, I am still learning and finding my way, so for every 2 wins I seem to have a heavy defeat. My defence is sometimes very solid and sometimes leak goals like there is no tomorrow

Let's hope. Some of the players cannot motivate themselves to play as I am their Manager :lol: One challenge is that I am not good at tacticts, I am still learning and finding my way, so for every 2 wins I seem to have a heavy defeat. My defence is sometimes very solid and sometimes leak goals like there is no tomorrow

better than my hayes & yeading ... :p
stuck in 9th to 11th position ... can't go further ... m8 be i have deploy the wrong tatics or what ...
eventough the board pleased enough (as the media predict me to struggle against relegation), but still this make me ******.

I am yo-yoing between 5th and 8th position after about 20 games. What formation are you using, I am using 2 strikers, 2 AM, 2 MC and 4 in defence with a Fluid Philosophy and Control strategy. Works well most of the time, but sometimes my defence ges day dreaming. I found that if I play the same 11, day in day out, they tend to do ok, but the moment I bring in a couple of changes there is trouble.

Use the "Looking for a player" thread.. Your meant to ask on there, not just look to see if anyone else has.

I am yo-yoing between 5th and 8th position after about 20 games. What formation are you using, I am using 2 strikers, 2 AM, 2 MC and 4 in defence with a Fluid Philosophy and Control strategy. Works well most of the time, but sometimes my defence ges day dreaming. I found that if I play the same 11, day in day out, they tend to do ok, but the moment I bring in a couple of changes there is trouble.

i use 4-4-2 standar ML, 2 MC, MR. rigid philosophy - standard strategy. but sometimes i change into attack or overload, when need to score more goal. but the result sometimes be different. either i score the goal or the opponent do that. :p

Use the "Looking for a player" thread.. Your meant to ask on there, not just look to see if anyone else has.

it's okay mate, as he don't looking for player thread. he's just asking bout the formation. hehehhe. :)