mpbx3003

Reaction score
I've recently started playing FM2012, and I'm having problems with the game. Every time I try to load a saved game, the game crashes. I've narrowed the problem down to bad database changes. I'm not running any non-default graphics, I use FMRTE, but the problem persists even when I don't, and it goes away when I use the default database. I'm just wondering, is there any specific type of edit which is known to cause problems? I've pretty much resigned myself to starting over, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with changes causing problems, and can give me some advice on what to do differently. Is it simply that I've made too many changes? I haven't been able to get any idea of the safe limits of editing.

I've done some player and roster editing, I've changed the English league structure a bit, but the rules are valid, and I've changed some cup history. I've done all of those in past games, but they're causing problems now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anything that has a history of causing problems, so I can test that without having to test everything. I don't think it's a problem of carelessness, I try to be careful with everything I change.

Oh, and the problem is only on saved games. I can start any number of new saves, but I can't load them if they're using my edited data.

thats strange, usually if your league structure is invalid it would show i yellow hazard sign beside the league your trying to load. check you save files. make sure they being stored in the correct place, should be my documents-sports interactive, football manager 12 - games

I looked at all the obvious problems like invalid nation rules and misplaced save files. The saves are in the right folder, and crash even when manually opened. I'm not sure what else to look for, and it seems like it's either because I made too many changes or some stupid little change I'll never find unless I undo everything one change at a time.

Im wondering if its something to do with steam as I've just started to have this error (save game will not load) when holidaying custom Dbs, Im getting through 1 and a half seasons then game crashes, when I go to reload save game it wont load, ok while typing this I was verifying intregity of game cache and when it fininished it started to download a update, could be a coincidence, though I clicked downloads and it told me i was fully updated ?

Edited Data Crashing

I am now also experiencing the same issues, whenever I try to load an edited database it crashes. Did you ever find out what the issue was and whether it can be fixed??