Database Question

paulwhitte

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at creating a custom database for a friend (going to make our Sunday league team and TRY and create all the facepacks etc myself) but I had a few questions I wondered if anyone could answer.

Firstly I was wondering what files I will need to compress for him? If I compress all the files in the, "My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db" folder (obviously under the name I create the database under) is that the full database or do I need to copy anything additionally from the steam/SI folders?

Secondly what is the easiest way to compress a file? I use winrar...and know how to extract all well and fine but how do I go about compressing a file/folder into a zip file? Anyone know any usefull websites for learning about that sort of thing?

Thirdly, what is the best way to send it to him? Are there any decent websites that would allow me to upload a database sized folder to for free? I know from my other custom DB that it is 112MB but i'm not sure how big that is exactly and wether it's small enough to send via email etc.

Anyone able to help?

Many Thanks,

Paul

Thirdly, what is the best way to send it to him? Are there any decent websites that would allow me to upload a database sized folder to for free? I know from my other custom DB that it is 112MB but i'm not sure how big that is exactly and wether it's small enough to send via email etc.

http://www.humyo.com gives 10GB for free, he'd just need your username and password to get at the file.