Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
I am about to start a new game on FM13 and I just need a bit of guidance when it comes to DB size.

I don't have a very high spec laptop but want to get as many players as possible without it being painfully slow.

The stars showing performance/speed don't seem to move no matter how many leagues I select...

Also are there any settings I can change in my preferences that will speed up the game overall?

System specs:
AMD Athlon II P360 Dual Core 2.30GHz
400GB RAM

Any help would be grateful as I am about to start a game haha

Reaction score
That's a pretty basic entry level processor you have there. It's barely half as powerful as an i3 processor 2-3 years ago, so it might be slow if you load up a large database.
If you want a large database, i suggest minimising the amount of nations/leagues selected.
Also change the graphics for ingame to lowest possible, otherwise your processor would just fry... (not sure what graphics card you have tho)

Reaction score
Not really a useful reaction I'm sorry, but: 400 GB RAM is quite alot ;)