Nixon

Reaction score
Does using a small database for international matches make it easier?

When I first got the game, I started a save as Venezuela, loading the Venezuelan league (from the additional leagues section of this site), and all players from Venezuela. I loaded a small database, as the idea was to play very quickly through the seasons as the national team.

Most of the opposition didn't have many real players, for example Ecuador's only real player was Antonio Valencia, with the rest filled with greyed out players. For most teams this was the same, and the greyed out players were very average. This meant that my Venezuela team is the 4th best in South America and qualification for the World Cup was reasonably straightforward (finished 4th). Notable victories include thumping Ecuador 5-2 and Peru 3-0.

To test this, I loaded up the same league and players using a large database. With this I found that teams like Peru, Colombia and Chile manage to beat me consistently, whereas with the small database I was beating them. I finished 8th using a large database in World Cup qualifying using the same tactic. Has anyone else noticed this?

It just seems a bit weird that by loading fewer players it suddenly makes international matches a lot easier. I don't understand why the teams are filled with greyed out players who are far worse than the real players would be. It also makes playing with a smaller database less fun if it's just going to be easier.

I believe those grey players are randomly created. Correct me if i am wrong =)

Yes I believe they are randomly generated, but their CAs and PAs should be about the same as the real players they are replacing.