Database Update when the game is released

Bozza

Reaction score
Hello FM Fans,

When SI was still making Championship Manager I was also making database updates for the game. I think it's fun making those updates and a lot of peeps appreciate it. In the past I also released a couple of my updates on the internet.

This is what I want to do again with FM2006. The day the game is released I am going to start with the update. I will change positions, attributes, add players, change players to the right club (if SI missed one) etc. etc.

Offcourse I can't do this alone. I am from The Netherlands so this country is covered by me. So I am looking for people who are interested in helping me create a good database update.

This mean I am looking for people who know everything about a league. The four leagues in England, leagues in Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, USA, whatever you can think off. This mean you need to know where players normally play in those teams, transfers, youth players etc. etc.

You don't need to change anything in the editor. I'll make the database update, I just need from you the information about the teams in a league in Word or Notepad, I will put it into the database.

If you are or were interested in making a photopack of the players in a country maybe it's nice to contact me so we can release them together at the same time.

That's it. If you are interested in helping me out reply here and tell which league you want to do (more than 1 can do the same league, we will talk about who will do which teams) and also send me a PM with your msn adress so we can chat about it. Chatting makes it easier so MSN is required!

I hope I can get some help. As far as I know only FMFinland and FMSorted made a good update so far with FM2005. Only with FMFinland a lot of transfers were missing in the Dutch competitions (so I guess also in other countries besides England) and I also heard some bad things about FMSorted.

Help me out please. Many thanks and greetings,

Bozza

you would be able to get good help on the SPL transfers here.

Also the update from throw-in was good & my current updates amazing cant member what it is though]

Ye i could help out with the SPL and I'm sure Kris would aswell

It's a good idea untill you start editing player stats. I feel they should be left alone on football games as you always make them alot better or alot worse.

Maybe I will leave the player stats alone, you are right with what you say. But with some players, especially in the Dutch leagues, a lot of stats are just wrong and don't make any sense. For example a striker who is 1m93 long and the only thing is real life what he can is heading. But in the game he has heading 10. That's just weird and it's not fair for the player in the game coz his other stats are right and that means he isn't good in anything lol.

But anyways, if anyone wants to help me in any way, please add me on msn or send me an email --> [email protected]

Thanks!

Yeh I only think editing players attributes should be done in those sort of cases as well. I hate the updates where loads of players just get made way better, usually because the updater supports that club :D

Exactly. I tried it once myself but it ruined the game, If a player is rubbish on the game you just have to get on with it.

well said Kristofski,good to see you've learnt from your mistakes!