floggg

Reaction score
I'm just finishing my second season with Everton and looking to upgrade/replace Baines who is now pushing on a bit.

I won the league in my first season (which was a real surprise), and am currently two points clear of United at the top with one game to go, away to Bournemouth (equal goal difference, so I need to match their result to win).

I have a good, young, team which i want to stick with. Have Gotze coming in on a free at the end of the season as well, so quite happy to blow my transfer and wage budget on a marque signing.

Alaba is listed as a world class player, with excellent mental and physical stats. His crossing, marking, takcling and positioning are relatively low though. I can buy him for his £48m release clause, and pay him £165k p/w.

Rodriguez is a really solid left back, with high stats in all required areas, though his acceleration and pace are a little lower. He may edge it overall on the key stats for fullback support, though Alaba has a higher p/a, is more versatile and is stronger overall maybe. Rodriguez can be got for £38m and the same £165k p/w wages.

has anybody an experience of them, and which would you recommend?

I'm just finishing my second season with Everton and looking to upgrade/replace Baines who is now pushing on a bit.

I won the league in my first season (which was a real surprise), and am currently two points clear of United at the top with one game to go, away to Bournemouth (equal goal difference, so I need to match their result to win).

I have a good, young, team which i want to stick with. Have Gotze coming in on a free at the end of the season as well, so quite happy to blow my transfer and wage budget on a marque signing.

Alaba is listed as a world class player, with excellent mental and physical stats. His crossing, marking, takcling and positioning are relatively low though. I can buy him for his £48m release clause, and pay him £165k p/w.

Rodriguez is a really solid left back, with high stats in all required areas, though his acceleration and pace are a little lower. He may edge it overall on the key stats for fullback support, though Alaba has a higher p/a, is more versatile and is stronger overall maybe. Rodriguez can be got for £38m and the same £165k p/w wages.

has anybody an experience of them, and which would you recommend?
Alaba every time, surprised you have to even ask this question lol. Not only is he younger he becomes the most complete fullback in the game until regens come along. Also you can play him in midfield and he would still be excellent.

View attachment 174001

I really don't see much difference between them, other than the fact that Rodriguez is more solid defensively. I play with attacking wingers, so like to have a solid defender behind him.

ALABA all day long hes versatille and an excellent player

I recently signed Rodriguez and he's been fantastic for me. Great passer/crosser, and as previously mentioned is better defensively.

Bonus is he's usually cheaper, especially if you could disrupt him, this may not be as easy with a team like Everton, I was Arsenal and I don't think I paid much more than £30m after declaring an interest. I imagine it would take nearer £50m to prize Alaba away from Bayern.

Smaller wages too I believe.

Alaba all day, he's faster, younger and better than Ric. Rodriguez.