Chrono

Reaction score
He is the best crosser of FM 2009, without any doubt. He is also untouchable, you can get the price right, but he will never agree to sign for your club. I managed R. Madrid, he refused me. Is there anyone who also tried to buy him? Did you succeed? He can be very usefull, a quality player and experienced, I believe only the first two seasons of the game. I monitored his fitness, awful it gets when starting season three, he gets tired after every match, below 65. Play friendly vs his club, and you will see, his fittnes, and his weapon of crossing the ball. If I am correct, your assistant manager reports his thread. He gets retired after third season of the game.

yh i would agree that he is the best crosser on the game but i wouldnt sign him waste your wages to much might aswell sign some1 else.

Signing very usefull and experienced ala Beckham, Vieira, etc are good to aid your youth players by asigning tutoring, it never fails and makes your youth players improves lotz fast, most chance they get a wonderkid status. Varela, player from my youth academy R. Madrid, was tutored by Raúl, and he is wonderkid and... He is a killer, all my opponents fear him, and he is 18.

with experienced it does help youngsters but the most important thing is giving him first team e.g - vela i got RVP to tutor him then after like 3 months vela learnt all RVP perferred moves and etc and gave him my own training schedules and played him in every game on my first season with arsenal he turned immense so really you dont need experience.

oh forgot its also important to only get players to tutor other players if they are similar for example.

theres no point getting getting adebayor to tutor vela when they are totally different players.

hey!! 100 posts I spend my life playing this game, talking bout this game and so far I had: copa del rey, carling cup and FA cup in 11 seasons!!! I am a killer who does best? If you don't believe me i'll send you screenshots!!!

Beckham and Vieira are players with high all round personalities, very professional and ambitieus players. They can each tutor three players in two seasons. I am so dissapointed that I couldn't get Beckham, but delighted with Vieira. He is the only person I bought in four seasons of R. Madrid.

ive play man u in 1st season, try to sign him but he dont want
my 4th season, i was at barca. he still dont want to move
geez..

Maybe we should turn our club into Hollywood, than he will sign ^^

i know this is a fm09 thread but if i started the same thread for fm10 it would just get closed as they always do so has anyone signed him in fm10 i tryed but he didn`t want to come to arsenal he join west ham instead???

My lord he has been brillint for my West Ham team. He arrived half way through my first season and didn't do much at all.

But this season I have him wide on the right as an MR and he has been unbelievable. He's scored a good few free kicks and probably the best goal a team of mine has ever scored on FM (its a 40 yard half volley into the top corner. I will be trying to upload it)

I know he's obvious and everyone signs him but I just wanted to share how fantastic he has been for me, he's always a threat every time he crosses you have comfort in knowing that 90% of the time the cross will be good. Even at 35 he has been great in the prem for me.

View attachment 19176

Got him in my first season at West Ham aswell, half way through. He retired 4 seasons later.

i have beckham for notts county in my third season, currently in the championship. he doesnt become unfit ever. hes only been injured once for 2 weeks. considering hes 36 i think thats pretty good.

my key player, my captain, my best player i think.

i dont give him a demanding role in my team, so he can just pick passes and spray the ball to wherever he wants. he is my playmaker, but i dont want him moving from the centre of midfield, i have younger fitter players to do that.

great signing for me.
and the fans love him lol

Yeah totally agree with mfage1, his stamina is so low but he is never getting unfit for me and is a very creative force in the midfield. he's the type of player that when you're stuggling to create during a game he can just pick out a pass to change the entire match.

I signed Beckham for 500k, so far my best player, and is tutuoring Tabare Viudez, who has been progressing brilliantly. I always look to sign him, Viera and S. Campbell. Cheap, experienced, and also really useful to bring on the youth.