David De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gribster

Reaction score
Thursday November 18 2010
MANCHESTER United are on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign Spain U-21 goalkeeper David De Gea from Atletico Madrid in January.

Talks are at an advanced stage after weeks of negotiations, with United expected to pay about £15m for the 20-year-old.

It was unclear last night whether De Gea would join United in January or see out the season at Atletico.

An imposing figure at almost 6ft 4ins, De Gea -- contracted until June 2013 -- was part of the Atletico team who defeated Fulham 2-1 in the Europa League final in May.

He rejected the chance to join Wigan last year.

Also reported on la marca, twitter feeds, etc, anyone else heard anything ??

Irish Independent

He should stay at Atletico, he is getting to play first team football regularly. At Man City he would be backup to Hart. However i guess the lure of a massive wage and getting to play with world stars will be too much.

He should stay at Atletico, he is getting to play first team football regularly. At Man City he would be backup to Hart. However i guess the lure of a massive wage and getting to play with world stars will be too much.

Manchester United is bidding for him, not Manchester City o_O

Would be great if we get him. And how do Spain produce such keepers.
Anyways best of luck to the lad.
This may be shut down.

atletico have denied it and United are in talks with Lindegaard

I would like de Gea to join Manchester United, but whether or not he will be able to fully succeed Edwin van der Sar in his pending retirement at the end of the season is my biggest question.

With de Gea being only 20 years old, the possibility, should he join United, of him being a mainstay goalkeeper between the sticks for us for the next 10-15 years is, to me, unlikely. A good prospect nevertheless.

Lindegaard is six years de Gea's elder, so his time at United may be shortened when he becomes first-team keeper by 6-7 years. Not to mention that he is playing in the Norwegian leagues, and that league isn't really amongst the best. In fact, the Tippeligaen is ranked 26th in the UEFA coefficient, having dropped four places. So I am uncertain.

atletico have denied it and United are in talks with Lindegaard
Indeed, looks like possible mix up in information at the source, although its not unconcivable that both could be bought in, if VDS retires and kuschak(sp) isnt given first team football he has already said he may have to leave. Unlikley but VDS/Kus out, De Gea/lindegarrd in?

Looks like they are getting that Lindegaard fellow insted, proberly because he is the cheepest option De Gea would cost a bomb comparred to this guy. Hasen't Schimeichal come out and said this lad is knowhere good enough for Utd??

Lack of experience. Nothing a few years won't sort, especially 1 under VDS.

I know which 1 I'd want (neither of the 2 tbh, I would have Adler/Neuer)

I hope they do get him then they will leave mcGregor alone

Looks like they are getting that Lindegaard fellow insted, proberly because he is the cheepest option De Gea would cost a bomb comparred to this guy. Hasen't Schimeichal come out and said this lad is knowhere good enough for Utd??
De Gea would cost 17 million euros.... and no schmeichel hasnt said that.

Schmeichel said that United should go for an already top keeper and not one with potential. He isn't saying that he isn't good enough. More that he isn't right for now as he lacks experience and perhaps that he isn't going to step in right away.

I think his comments have been taken out of context a little in the press.

Also there is no saying De Gea will not still sign if United plump up £16m then Atletico cannot say no, as it matches his release fee. I'd rather have De Gea regarless of price, looks like he could be every bit the keeper Van der Sar is. They have very similar styles.

since we're not going to buy him, this thread is kinda pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.