I3east

Reaction score
SS_Large_Header.gif

Moyes aims for instant impact

FILE-David-Moyes-To-Leave-Everton-FC-At-End-Of-Season-1878416.jpg

David Moyes is hoping to be an instant hit with Manchester United fans by winning silverware in his first season in charge. Moyes has possibly chosen the hardest job in football for many years, replacing Sir Alex Ferguson, but he insists that he is up to the job and can't wait to get started in his new role. Moyes, aged 50, enjoyed an 11 year stint as manager of Everton in which he was in charge of 518 games, winning 218, drawing 139 and losing 161 games.

Moyes also has a key decision to make regarding the future of striker Wayne Rooney. The England striker is apparently unhappy at Old Trafford and is trying to force through a move to Chelsea. However Manchester United are reluctant to let him leave to a Premier League rival. Moyes who has worked with Rooney at both Everton and now Manchester United had this to say on the matter.

"Of course i would like Wayne to stay at this football club because he is a magnificent player who i am privileged to have been able to manage him during my career. We spoke in length last night about what he wants to happen and he feels that he wont get the recognition he wants at this football club. I personally don't believe that but we both decided that should the right offer come in we will let Wayne speak to whichever club it is and should he leave so be it. I came to this decision because i don't want any of my players thinking they are bigger than the club and i believe that to be the case in this situation."

*This is starting in the second season*

SS_Large_Header.gif

Moyes' first interview

David-Moyes-during-the-press-conference-at-Old-Trafford-2038631.jpg

Interviewer: Hello David, congratulations on becoming the new Manchester United manager.

Moyes:
Thank you.

Interviewer: First off, how do you look to stamp your authority on the squad?

Moyes: No one is bigger than the team as i have previously mentioned. Anyone who thinks they are will be sold as i don't want players with that sort of attitude.

Interviewer: That brings ,e onto my next question. Wayne Rooney has apparently had a fair bit of interest with multiple bids coming in from the striker. Can you tell us the latest?

Moyes: Yes, we had three bids for Wayne, we have only accepted one as one bid was from a rival and another was way under our evaluation. However a team did come in with a suitable offer and Wayne is currently in talks with them about a transfer.

Interviewer: Wayne Rooney was a key player for many years here. How do you look to replace him?

Moyes: We are already in talks with a replacement who i feel will bring even more success to this football club.

Interviewer: Many big names have been linked with you this summer, including the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Thiago and a possible return for Cristiano Ronaldo. Will you surprise us with any transfers this summer?

Moyes: I can tell you now that we wont be signing 3 or 4 world class players this season. I feel the team is already in good shape. A few players are in talks to leave which can give us extra money but at the moment i am looking towards younger players who will become world class in the next few seasons.

Interviewer: Thanks a lot David, good luck for the season.

Moyes: Thank you.

rooney_1643930a.jpg

Wayne Rooney looks set to leave Manchester United

SS_Large_Header.gif

Manchester United finish summer activity

Manchester United have today completed the triple signing of Thibaut Bon, 15, Juan Carlos Galvan, 18, and Juan Miguel, 15, for a combined fee of around £13m. David Moyes sees a bright future in the game for the trio, especially Juan Carlos Galvan who has scored 5 goals in 5 games for Mexico U20's. Bon and Galvan are both set to start Manchester United's first friendly game against Pen Y Bryn before jetting off on tour to America where they will face Montreal Impact and New England. These signings signaled the end of a busy summer for David Moyes who has seen plenty of players leave and join the club.

358aovl.jpg

15ps8w7.jpg

2m2ud8z.jpg

rwqb8m.jpg

Last edited: