x!Fcbarca

Reaction score
first season with Chelsea,he plays with drogba,drogba is a Target man
Villa is Complete Forward 7games 0 golas 4assists.
what i need to do....

drogba complete forward support, david villa advanced forward

play villa as poacher/advanced forward. Drogba target man or complete forward

I can't get Villa to score either, I tried poacher, he got about 1 goal in 10 now I'm trying him advanced forward he scored a great 40 yard goal and that was his only goal in the match.

Also, set him as target man and to run onto ball.

Last edited:
i never tried this, but you can try putting villa out wide and set him to "inside forward"

thats how he plays for spain in the world cup if torres is playing. all 5 of his goals came from him in the left inside forward position

I can't get Villa to score either, I tried poacher, he got about 1 goal in 10 now I'm trying him advanced forward he scored a great 40 yard goal and that was his only goal in the match.

Also, set him as target man and to run onto ball.
can you put screenshots up of you tactic and roles and instructions?

Perhaps he isn't getting the service, although the problem with putting a complete forward next to a target man is that their roles are too similar, designed to be the strong muscular focal point of your attacks. The only major difference I can see between the roles is that the complete forward needs more technical ability. This would mean they will get in each other's way and generally you won't get Villa running in behind the defence into the space created by Drogba, instead he will look to play in front of the defence.

When I managed Spain I had Villa on the left as a poacher and Torres on the right as a complete forward (support). Seemed to work fine there, because Torres would drop deep and attack the defence as well as hold up the ball (like Drogba does for Chelsea), whereas Villa would be a roaming attacker, often drifting and coming off the left flank a la in the world cup but also would be available to receive through balls from midfield/Torres.
Hope that helps :)

can you put screenshots up of you tactic and roles and instructions?
Yeh, sure:

View attachment 86950

View attachment 86951

View attachment 86952

These are the roles that I would use if I didn't have injured players-

Van der Vaart (CM) - Box to Box Midfielder - Support
Sneijder (CM) - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Mata (LW) - Winger - Attack
Vucinic (RW) - Winger - Attack
Dzeko (ST) - Target Man- Attack
Villa (ST) - Advanced Forward (now) - Attack

Anymore?

If Drogba is right up there, and Villa has four assists, then isn't that his role?

If you play your matches in 3D, check out how Villa plays and you may be plesently suprised. Even if he doesn't score a hatrick.

Yeh, sure:

View attachment 86950

View attachment 86951

View attachment 86952

These are the roles that I would use if I didn't have injured players-

Van der Vaart (CM) - Box to Box Midfielder - Support
Sneijder (CM) - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Mata (LW) - Winger - Attack
Vucinic (RW) - Winger - Attack
Dzeko (ST) - Target Man- Attack
Villa (ST) - Advanced Forward (now) - Attack

Anymore?
let me guess, villa has a good number of assists? you're playng on the counter, im guessin whats happening is that the tagerman villa gets on to a through ball, races way, goes wide, and crosses on to dzeko's head for the goal

Last edited:
let me guess, villa has a good number of assists? you're playng on the counter, im guessin whats happening is that the tagerman villa gets on to a through ball, races way, goes wide, and crosses on to dzeko's head for the goal
Yeh, is that a good thing? lol

How could I make it so Villa scores himself?

Yeh, is that a good thing? lol

How could I make it so Villa scores himself?
honestly not sure its worth changing. but you could try not playing with a targetman, and set dzeko to deep lying forward or complete forward support. you've got a well set up partnership