DavidCfc

Reaction score
Alright guys, i've always used tactics from here that I downloaded but i got tired of that and decided to try and make my own, every tactic I have ever made on this game has failed me big time, but i'm liking the look of this one. I decided to post it here to see if it would work for any of you, or if I just got lucky.

I am testing the tactic with Celtic in the SPL, I haven't finished the season yet but I am currently 19 points clear at the top of the table, into the Scottish Cup Quarter Final and in the final of the League Cup. I also made it to the 1st knockout round of the Europa League but i got knocked out off Liverpool.

As you can tell from the title, it's a 4-4-2 formation. The roles are as follows:

Goalkeeper - Defend
Full Back - Automatic
Central Defender - Defend
Central Defender - Defend
Full Back - Automatic
Winger - Attack
Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend
Winger - Attack
Poacher - Attack
Target Man - Attack

Philosophy - Fluid
Starting Strategy - Attacking

Passing
- Short
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing Down - Press More
Tackling - Default
Marking - Man
Crossing - Default
Roaming - Stick To Position

Primary player is MCR (unticked)
Primary Target Man is STCL (ticked)
Target Man Supply - To Head (ticked)

As you can tell from that you would probably need a big strong striker for your Left Striker as the ball is to his head and he is asked to hold up the ball.

Defensive Line - Normal
Width - Wide
Tempo - Quick
Time Wasting - Rarely
Focus Passing - Down Both Flanks
Counter Attack - Yes
Play Offside - Yes

Corners to near post on both sides
Free Kicks to best header on both sides
Throw Ins are short

Pitch: mine are 114 x 74, so i recommend trying to get it as close to that as possible
OI: none
Shouts: none
Match Prep: Attacking Movement (normal)

Some Screenshots:

View attachment 182028View attachment 182029View attachment 182030View attachment 182031View attachment 182032View attachment 182033View attachment 182034View attachment 182035View attachment 182036

I also went a run of 14 straight wins (17 games without losing)

If you are interested in trying this tactic then feel free to download it here:
Celtic (Celtic, Feb 2011).tac

If you do use the tactic then feel free to post your tweaks if you make any!
pencil.png

Last edited:
i hope it's as good as it in that case!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

100+ views and 1 response? come on! :p

i hope it's as good as it in that case!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

100+ views and 1 response? come on! :p

If you want some more feedback, I suggest that you use a middle team and upload some stats of that season. :D

Yeah Celtic walk over most teams in the SPL :)
btw what skin is that?;)

Yeah Celtic walk over most teams in the SPL :)
btw what skin is that?;)

My point exactly. By no means does the tactic have to work with middle teams or underdogs and its fine to upload a tactic for top teams only but if wanting some more attention, then it might be better to play with Stoke, Wigan as well

Looks good!
Anyone tried this out?

DavidCFC:
Have you tried it with aanother team yet? Might give this a smash with Wolves?!

no i haven't tried it with another team yet, i was on holiday there for a week so i haven't had the chance to do anything, but yeah it could work with Wolves if you have the right people!