Davies parts company with Derby

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manager Billy Davies leaves Premier League strugglers Derby County.

More...

Probobly the stupidest decision i have ever seen. Give the guy a break i mean he had a what ? 3 year plan to get them into the Prem and had a mid table championship side, won promotion first season amazing achievment, still has the same players really. There stilla championship side unless they invest i mean it's been proven in the past that if you stand by your gaffer he can get your promoted again which i think Davies would have done as he is a good boss.Sunderland sacked mick mccarthy and did ****. Leicester city sacked peter taylor and did ****. I still think Derby will go down but as to them going back up well i dunno.

People like Watford and Birminhgam who did not sack there boss when going down are either back in the league or on there way there.

rant over lmao im not even a derby fan

was he even sacked? i think he just left by mutual termination as he knew he couldnt keep them up . i reckon mcleish will go to brum and davies will go to scotland or something. most things ive read dont say hes actualy been fired, the board were licking his **** saying thanks for getting them promoted. i dont even think mourinho could keep them up but meh

He is a good manager but the only thing that annoys me about him is he always needs "a few more players". Every time he's brought in some new players, a few months later he needs "a few more players".

If he can just buy the right players in the first place he will do well with his next club. I Don't blame him for our position, it was expected with the squad we have.

I agree Kris, I hope it was a case of mutual termination like they say and not a sacking, because there was not much chance Derby were stayin up this season and he was the man who got them promotion, and probably would have got them re-promoted

******* stupid decision, Watford were the same last year and look at them now. Could see it coming with the way football is these days but harsh all the same.

Paul Ince linked with it but i would not give him the job i mean he does well in league 2 wow and Mclaren my god what a step down that would be no offence to Derby. Seems like a job nobody would want if you ask me

McClaren used to be coach there right?. Hmm, McClaren didn't do too badly at all as a club manager, to be fair to him.

Yea he did a decent job at boro but i cant see him keeping that Derby side up so he will just end up in the championship

To be honest, i can't see anyone keeping that Derby side up, even with huge investment - because who is going to go to Derby?

Hmm, McClaren didn't do too badly at all as a club manager, to be fair to him.

Im pretty sure I saw a Middlesbrough supporter throw his season ticket in disgust at him with the full support of the boro fans. He did nothing to merit a national coach job apart from being Svens assistant.

That was in the season he did ****, season before he pwned.

Im pretty sure I saw a Middlesbrough supporter throw his season ticket in disgust at him with the full support of the boro fans. He did nothing to merit a national coach job apart from being Svens assistant.

He took a mediocre team into the top 10 for two seasons in a row, won a league cup with them and reached the UEFA cup final with them.....

In the season where the supporter threw the ticket, we reached the UEFA final and SHOULD of reached the FA - I still blame Chris Riggott.

I agree he shouldn't of got the England job, especially above the other candidates, but he WAS a pretty decent club manager - and our most succesful ever.