dickdastardly

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good DC(L) to play alongside Zouma. Terry's been great this season with 8 goals for me midway through December, but I need a long term player, someone who can push to start next season. I set a much deeper defensive line, so I speed isn't terribly important for me. I would like to stay below $20 million and have them be a Brit, since I have so many Euro's and WP's already on the squad.

John Stones from Everton if you can afford him with a campaign (Declare interest, use your player to impressed him...).

Stones
Caulker
Shawcross
Jones
Smalling
Ryan Bennett
Dier

Not many to choose from mate.

(Not Brit) J.Okore him and R.Vlaar have been great for my Villa team and chip in with a few goals a season.

Other Options-
J.Soutter
John Stones
Shawcross
Caulker
A.Wisdom
Dan Burn

I got Shawcross in the first season and he is highly recomended. Otherwise if you manage to find HG players in other positions then consider Alvarez Balanta. Of course Caulker and Stones are the best options but maybe a little expensive.

Yeah, have been trying to get Stones or Caulker, but the teams won't negotiate with me. Stones is trying to force the move though

Am I the only one who's disappointed with Chelsea's depth in defence? I mean they only have 3 FBs (Azpilicueta, Filipe Luis, Ivanovic) and 3 DCs (Terry, Cahill, Zouma).. not to mention that Terry and Ivanovic are becoming old and Zouma is still a little bit too young

You could get Chambers and train him at CB, but otherwise I'd go for Stones (goes for 15-20m normally) or Caulker, who I hear is phenomenal on FM15.

Otamendi is an absolutely incredible defender. He's not British, true, but for anybody who's able to sign somebody from the rest of the world, he's a guaranteed hit. He's got the abilities to play in any sort of system (ie. he's quick), and he's also got a release clause of just 12 million pounds (which you can negotiate down to about ten million). World class defender, and a true bargain.

My staff tell me that Christiansen (?) has the potential to be a leading Premier League player. Maybe give him some cup games, bring him on to replace Terry in games. Probably help for Euro-competition quotas that way too.

As every said, Stones, Shawcross and Caulker are good shouts. I'm not sure how Joe Gomez develops, but he wont be good enough to waltz in to the first team. Does anybody have a screenshot of Joe Gomez a few years in? Would be appreciated!