De Gea & Gomes Domination in the Premier League

Flash234

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently playing the 3rd season in the EPL with my Liverpool and I have a very very strong squad (Rossi, Hazard, Suarez, Adam Johnson, Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Reina, Hummels, Coates at his best, GARETH BALE as a wingback)

the thing is that I know my squad is way more than capable of winning the EPL but I simply can't seem to do so. If there was something wrong with my tactics then I wouldn't posting this but my tactics and game play is all right except for two majorly OVERRATED PLAYERS IN MY SAVE WHO are spoiling my chances winning the league.

DE GEA & GOMES..

I agree De Gea is very good and his stats are all good but his ability in the game is far too good. in both seasons He won the GK OF THE YEAR AHEAD OF CASILLAS, LLORIS, AKINFEEV, CESAR. he conceded JUST 7 GOALS in the 2 seasons (5 EPL and 2 in CL)! because of his "godlines" Man U was beating Porto & Napoli in the Champions League 6-0 & 5-0 away. and in the league they won 33 games drawing 4 and losing 1 to TOTTENHAM! and man u won champions league final against real 7-1.. second season the lost cl final on penalties 2-1 to barca!

now gomes, he is known to have super reflexes.. but still his HANDLING IS PATHETIC IN REAL LIFE! we saw that last season in the EPL.. and yet he conceded just 9 goals in two seasons and Tottenham won Europa League in 1st season and reached CL semi-finals by beating Marseille 11-2 on aggreagate and lost to barca in the semis. he was runner up to GK OF THE YEAR in BOTH seasons and no team seem to simply score against him.

THESE TWO PLAYERS ARE SINGLE-HANDEDLY MAKING MAN U AND TOTTENHAM WIN CUPS AND they finished 1 & 2 in the league both seasons.. and I have lost Tottenham and Man u both home and away without scoring a single goal in both the seasons in the league. I FIND REALLY ANNOYING AND UBER UNREALISTIC THAT THESE TWO ARE SO OVERRATED.. De Gea has already made so many mistakes in real life which means his CA shouldn't be that of a world-class keeper.. and gomes if his reflexes are 20 his handling should be just 5.. I Find it really hard to digest this and thats why I have to rant abt this here. pls is there any solution to this?

or I just SI make realistic changes to their abilites in FM 12...

Why don't you buy them both in the next window?

I can't buy De Gea because he is in MAn U and I play Liverpool.. and I have Reina, Doni & Smithies why would I need Gomes.. for some reason Gomes's stats never seem to drop despite his age.. and De Gea already has 18 relfexes.. I cant seem to get a screenshot of FM in my laptop (or any other game due to some problem with my graphics card).. but I don't mind posting the save online. will try and do so but it will take time.. the file is about 55mB in size

Ahh, yet another "I can't win, therefore it must be something out of my control preventing me winning" thread. They're not unbeatable, no 'keeper is. Have you considered United also have one of the best defences in the world, and that Spurs always seem to play in a very defensive way in my FM games. How is United winning 6 and 5 nil in the CL to do with De Gea? His kicking's good, but it's not that good. How are you sure your tactics are fine? No 'keeper is unbeatable. I've scored many goals in a match past De Gea in his prime, I've scored 5+ a few times against Casillas. Show your team/tactic and people may help you, they won't if you claim De Gea is god mode, because it's simply untrue. He's excellent yes, but it's no reason to stop you winning the league and he's not unbeatable. How long has your team been together?

you are using an unofficial update mate :) it is not going to realistic to be honest!

that is ladicrous that they cannot concede that amount of goals per season, I have De Gea in my 11.3 patch and he conceded about 9 of these goals and a couple more in the Champions League:

194446d1315211027-deathslayer%99-raikan007-league-table.png

http://i.imgur.com/3SezE.jpg They have great defenders but just look how much he conceded.

keeping that aside, de gea will turn out to be the best GK of the world. he's in man city in my current save (lol), and now i find it hard to beat city anyway. being arsenal with a good attack movement and after being a winning side (at last!)

Reina > De Gea ;)

Tbf, it's not De Gea that's making United win 4-0.
Sure he may stop them letting many in but he doesn't score for them, they're just a solid team.
I've never had much of an issue scoring against him though, last season I put 15 goals past United in 5 games.(league, CL and carling cup) City, Stoke, Blackburn and Wigan are the only teams I usually fail hard against :(

Reina > De Gea ;)

Tbf, it's not De Gea that's making United win 4-0.
Sure he may stop them letting many in but he doesn't score for them, they're just a solid team.
I've never had much of an issue scoring against him though, last season I put 15 goals past United in 5 games.(league, CL and carling cup) City, Stoke, Blackburn and Wigan are the only teams I usually fail hard against :(

5 years form now.

De Gea > Reina.

De gea will replace iker callilass, no doubt.

Just because De Gea has made few mistakes in a few match is not significant enough to drop his stats. He just move to a new league with new team and he needs time to adapt.

I get it when it comes to De Gea.. but no one has explained why Gomes is the 2nd best yet! I just played a game against Tottenham away at White Hart Lane in my 3rd season and yet again I lost. but I don't blame gomes for losing it was my teams fault but still Tottenham seem almost unbeatable.

5 years form now.

De Gea > Reina.

De gea will replace iker callilass, no doubt.
I'm on about on the game where Reina remains better for 6-7 years depending on how well his stats hold out.

In real life I can see De Gea taking over for Iker, Reina never had much chance for Spain seeing as though Iker plays for a Spanish club. Once Iker dies off De Gea is the only real stand out Spanish Gk that wouldn't be closing in on 40.

I get it when it comes to De Gea.. but no one has explained why Gomes is the 2nd best yet! I just played a game against Tottenham away at White Hart Lane in my 3rd season and yet again I lost. but I don't blame gomes for losing it was my teams fault but still Tottenham seem almost unbeatable.

i had to lol at his handling irl.

ball though legs. ahah