Laagen13

Reaction score
So as Petr Cech is getting a bit old I have after season 2 got two bids on them both, but don't really know if I should go with one of these or just aim for a younger keeper.. But anyways the deals I got was:

Everything is in Euro
De gea:
49.5m
325k/week
Got overall cheeper bonuses then Courtois.

Courtois:
64m (can end up at 77m)
300k/week

Thoughts as I am stuck in what to do..

De Gea..
else Horn, Rulli, Donnarumma, Ter Stegen, Leno, Scuffet, Rajkovic..

Now, with which team do you play as well?

If you're a strong team, playing an attacking football with a high defense line, I guess a sweeper keeper would be more appropriate, so De Gea is the best choice.

On the other hand, if you play more a counter attacking football with a low D line, I'll go with Courtois for its quality on his line.

For your information, I play with PSG and finally choose Courtois:
- he speaks French already (adaptation to the country)
- he's younger

Even though this choice sounds the opposite to what I adviced you before because PSG is the strongest team in the league, I used to adopt a football where I sit and kill the opponent on the counter with pacey wingers...
Now, i changed this approach to take more control of the game though, and Courtois is being immense!!!

thanks for the long reply! I am Arsenal and with a lot off luck I have won PL 2 times in a row, with 1 point in last day. I went for de gea as that seemed like the best. Now PSG wants Coquelin and offred me 60m euro..All these decisions...

sell Coquelin. great price.
get Ruben Neves(if you haven't already), else Gundogan, Bazoer, Lucas Romero, Hojbjerg, Kovacic, Verratti..

I managed to get 64m Euro (can get up to 88m)

PSG that is going to buy Coq allready have Ruben Neves, so I am going for potential and Kristoffer Ajer. Even tho I really want Veratti.

+1 for Verratti, love this guy!!! He's been a consistant wonderkids in all previous FM. And still I believe he's way underrated in FM compare to in real life. He'll reach xavi/iniesta for sure.

And very good sale on Coquelin, mate.

without any doubts De Gea is better than Courtois, just look at their attributes

De Gea has "Reflexes" attribute higher than Courtois and I think it’s a very important attribute for GK

De Gea everytime. Although I would highly recommend Rulli as an alternative.