De Gea worst Goal keeper ever ? Bug?

Kenneth2

Reaction score
In my game , he never saves any shots . When the other team get the crosses from the side, i know there will be a goal. Even if their player have 4 of mine around him, he always gets the ball in the goal in som way .

And the keeper is never near the ball. Kinda frustrating when if happens match after match . And i have no idea how to fix the defense , so they can get the ball away, and not let him score...every time.

What highlight type are you playing on?

Chances are if you're using 'Key' then a good chunk of your replays will be goals. Especially if like you said your defence isn't working well.

If you look at the post-match stats, what's the shot to goal ratio against your team?

Unless I'm completely wrong and De Gea is letting in 10 goals every game.

De Gea should win you games all on his own, he's that good a keeper. If he's being beaten that regularly, it's either a serious flaw in your tactical set-up or a bug. Either way, post it on the SI forums and let them know.

I've played a little over 2 seasons with Man Utd so far and I've not seen any indication of this. I don't watch matches though (just commentary), but I've seen no commentary, media report or stats suggesting he's been anything short of amazing.

Stats for shots saved don't seem to be saved between seasons, but here's he's form screen atm for me:

View attachment 217923

He don't really have to make many saves, but when he does he seems more than capable to me. The one game out of those where he had a lot to do was against PSG away. We lost 4-2, but he made 10 saves. (And completely unrelated, we beat them 3-0 in the replay without him having to make a save).

In my game , he never saves any shots . When the other team get the crosses from the side, i know there will be a goal. Even if their player have 4 of mine around him, he always gets the ball in the goal in som way .

And the keeper is never near the ball. Kinda frustrating when if happens match after match . And i have no idea how to fix the defense , so they can get the ball away, and not let him score...every time.
Take it from a goalkeeper... it's not always his fault if the other team scores. The defenders and midfielders need to do their part as well.

I've played a little over 2 seasons with Man Utd so far and I've not seen any indication of this. I don't watch matches though (just commentary), but I've seen no commentary, media report or stats suggesting he's been anything short of amazing.

Stats for shots saved don't seem to be saved between seasons, but here's he's form screen atm for me:

View attachment 969345

He don't really have to make many saves, but when he does he seems more than capable to me. The one game out of those where he had a lot to do was against PSG away. We lost 4-2, but he made 10 saves. (And completely unrelated, we beat them 3-0 in the replay without him having to make a save).
You need to analyse this more before complaining, rather than ranting without solid evidence.
Take it from a goalkeeper... it's not always his fault if the other team scores. The defenders and midfielders need to do their part as well.

Petr Cech was slightly suspect at the start of my Arsenal career, but I warned him about form since then and he's currently over 400 minutes without conceding. He's turned into a godly player that catches all. Sometimes you need to put effort in managing players. Just interacting with Cech turned him godly for me. Player interaction is there, use it!

Not sure why you quoted me and talk about ranting? I think I was pretty clear about me being delighted with DDGs form.

I've thrashed United in 6 games over two saves - one with LFC and one with Hammers, safe to say that something weird is going on. 5 goals have been directly De Geas fault, 3 of them shots has hit him like a post without any reaction whatsoever and bounced into the goal.
Gonna try a United save simply to check out more. Because this is so weird, as there are no logics or game mechanics that should make a single keeper being this mistake prone.

I am playing as Utd at the moment and have noticed some dodgy De Gea happenings, not as bad as you describe but there are certainly times where he flaps at nothing, and there has been 2 occasions where he misses and easy cross collection, the ball hits the post, then him then into the goal.

Perhaps I need to pay closer attention to make sure its not more commonplace than I thought.

Have people that say De Gea is at fault used any other keepers to compare?

Have people that say De Gea is at fault used any other keepers to compare?

I've not seen Valdes make these errors, no own goals from him yet this season.

Seems a few people noting the same thing with De Gea, perhaps it is a bug? or a problem hanging over from the Madrid interest? Did SI program De Gea to be unsettled?