Dead Space 2

JP Woody

Reaction score
Ive just bought this game, has anyone else? I really enjoyed the first game. Yes it had its faults, got a little repetitive after a while but still a top notch Sci Fi game IMO. This time the game promises to be bigger and more varied with new abilities, new enemies and more varied surroundings as your now based on Titan (Saturn's largest moon) instead of a Space ship.

Game also has multiplayer now which ive not tried yet.

BASIC STORY

Engineer Isaac Clarke returns in Dead Space 2 for another blood-curdling adventure in the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space.

After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as "The Sprawl", the lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the gruesome onslaught.

With an arsenal of tools to dismember Necromorphs and new determination, an engineer will bring the terror to space.

New tools to gruesomely slice and dismember the Necromorphs complement Isaac's signature Plasma Cutter, empowering him as he meets new characters, explores epic Zero-G environments, and fights against a relentless necromorph onslaught.

Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 - this time, he calls the shots.

scan4p.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PccefpatLNg"]YouTube - Dead Space 2 New Intense Trailer (Launch Trailer)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyO9J985sBY"]YouTube - Dead Space 2- Video game shocks mothers in focus group!#3[/ame] XD

Last edited:
Playing this game now, I hate horror games so I'm probably going to **** my pants :/

i have got a semi for this game... Dead Space was one of my favourite games last year along with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age...

its not released in SA yet, hopefully will come out on the Ps3, not sure my Pc will handle it at the moment...

that ladies expressions were hilarious, I was watching without speakers :)

Last edited:
Tbh, I thought it was poor. Didn't find it at all scary, carried on a bit, and the idea was a little far-fetched for my liking.

Got into the first game just after xmas after JP recommended it. Started off kind of creepy and I had my guard up at every turn and corner but it became a bit predictable after a while. Still very enjoyable and I really enjoyed the gameplay and plot.

Got this one last Wednesday and I am on chapter 6 at the moment. Like JP said it’s added a bit of variety with different enemy’s and tasks to accomplish. The fact that it’s massive space station and not a small ship has helped. It gets tiring looking at the same scenery at every turn but this one offers something different.

So far, I have jumped more from this game than I did the whole of DS1.

I’ve not bothered with the online feature and I doubt I will.

In the end it was nowhere near as good as the first, spending two chapters running away from the spawn of **** to get fired straight into the end sequence is bullshit! It has taken me countless attempts to finish this and i'm ****** off.

Too many things going on at the one time. Those ******* mutant kids take far too much damage and she appears far too close to you after you shoot the marker. That and it revealed **** all at the end. No wonder it's down to £25 already.

Ohh and why the **** would anyone want to watch the monotonous death scenes over and over again, they last far too long and obviously you will be eager to finish the game. OHH and why the **** does the game let you die when you have at least 25% health left? Retarded.

Don't read if you don't want the ending ruined.

Last edited:
Anyone planning to get the DLC be warned it supposed to only last under an hour. Although people say its a good hour of content.

I wouldnt buy content that lasts 45 mins for 560 points tbh

Just starting to play it now Dead Space was quality so lets hope this is as good .

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

*Spare pair of underpants at the ready lol*

haven't got it but my friend says its awesome but i dunno if i should get it or not