Deadlock in Boateng deal

Max

Reaction score
Kevin-Prince Boateng's agent has revealed that talks with Genoa over a proposed move have stalled.

The Serie A outfit have been leading the hunt for the Portsmouth midfielder for some time, and were believed to be closing in on an agreement.

However, talks with Pompey and Boateng's representatives have come to halt, leaving the Ghana midfielder in limbo.

A deal could yet be resurrected, with either Genoa or their Serie A rivals Lazio, but for now the 23-year-old must be patient.

Interest

"Until a few days ago there was constant dialogue and everything seemed to be coming towards a conclusion, although Portsmouth were still asking for more.

"But since then everything has reached deadlock. I don't think everything is over, because no-one has told me that, so I suppose the interest is still there.

"We will have to wait and see what happens now over the coming days."

Miele is confident something can still be put in place, especially as Boateng has no shortage of admirers.

He added: "The market is slow right now, even if there are a lot of clubs interested in the player.

"A few days ago I heard that Liverpool and Everton were keen, and also Besiktas. Today I have read that Stoke are interested, but I know nothing about that."

Sonko

Portsmouth have also completed a season long loan for centre back Ibrahima Sonko from Stoke, that being 1 of the 3 transfers they're allowed to complete after the FA gave them an allowance to sign 3 players to make sure they have a starting squad for the season.

Utaka

Nigerian Portsmouth striker John Utaka also has signalled he would like to stay in the Premier League if he leaves Fratton Park, which is quite inevitable with the clubs current financial position. Bolton, Sunderland and Fulham are all thought to be interested in the striker who was labelled as one of Redknapp's 'flops' at Fratton Park. Utaka was quoted about the Premier League saying "It is quick, aggressive and direct and there are loads of goals every week. And, yes, the money in England is also good."

Personally don't care if Utaka goes and he also shows he's going to want a bit of a decent wage packet wherever he goes with what he said at the end there. Good signing in Sonko compared to what we've got, and sadly it's inevitable Boateng will go with so many clubs interested.

Boateng link - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6280730,00.html
Sonko link - http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Pompey-Sign-Sonko-1172.aspx
Utaka link - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6281062,00.html

Also, Liverpool interested in Boateng apparently, although a rumour, do you think he'd be good enough for Liverpool?

We don't need Boateng. And if Utaka gets another chance in the Premier league, I'll be flabbergasted (best adjective ever)

Boateng will definetly go due to the number of clubs interested in him,I dount Utaka will get another season in the Premiere League as he hardly performs and packs a modest wage budget

We don't need Boateng. And if Utaka gets another chance in the Premier league, I'll be flabbergasted (best adjective ever)
I agree you don't need him but I think if the price is low (reported to be about £5m, shame we're like we are because we could probably get £2/3m more if not) Hodgson might try and go in for a bargain if someone like Mascherano goes. Completely different players yes, but Boateng can only get better in my eyes so could be a player Liverpool could just make a tidy profit on. On the matter of Utaka I agree, he's absolutely poor, and inconsistent. He's got all the attributes for a winger except work rate, and if you play him upfront he tries to run through the defence without passing. Sometimes it'll work and it'll look world class but it's not worth his wage packet. I think he'll go to Sunderland though as they can afford it, don't think Hughes will want him at Fulham and don't think Bolton will generally be able to offer him the wages he wants.

I agree you don't need him but I think if the price is low (reported to be about £5m, shame we're like we are because we could probably get £2/3m more if not) Hodgson might try and go in for a bargain if someone like Mascherano goes. Completely different players yes, but Boateng can only get better in my eyes so could be a player Liverpool could just make a tidy profit on. On the matter of Utaka I agree, he's absolutely poor, and inconsistent. He's got all the attributes for a winger except work rate, and if you play him upfront he tries to run through the defence without passing. Sometimes it'll work and it'll look world class but it's not worth his wage packet. I think he'll go to Sunderland though as they can afford it, don't think Hughes will want him at Fulham and don't think Bolton will generally be able to offer him the wages he wants.
I agree we could make a nice profit on him, but that's not our priority. once we get a Mascherano replacement, and one or possibly two left backs, and a left winger, and a ST, Hodgson won't be making any other buys, we're not able to buy players for leisure, if you get what I mean :/

I agree we could make a nice profit on him, but that's not our priority. once we get a Mascherano replacement, and one or possibly two left backs, and a left winger, and a ST, Hodgson won't be making any other buys, we're not able to buy players for leisure, if you get what I mean :/
Yeah I get what you mean. Should go for Gago in DM like I've said before, likely to be cheap and he's young. Left back, I honestly have no idea and yeah you probably need 2 of them and I don't expect you to get more than half of the Mascherano deal tbh so Hodgson's going to have to look around for a few bargains. Shouldn't of sold Insua, bad move.

utaka meant to be going to rangers :D
He'll do alright in Scotland but think he wants to stay in the Premier League and if a move is available there he won't go to Rangers.

Plus I don't see how you guys will afford his wages?

He'll do alright in Scotland but think he wants to stay in the Premier League and if a move is available there he won't go to Rangers.

Plus I don't see how you guys will afford his wages?
a know would do well in scotland i think he said he would take a play cut to 20 grand but bain wont do it :'(

a know would do well in scotland i think he said he would take a play cut to 20 grand but bain wont do it :'(
Don't blame him, Utaka is worth about 10k a week at most the way he plays, really is a poor player in most games.

his a decent player and possibly the only one with a real future at Pompey. hope he can find a club that will play him week in week out i like boateng even if he did injure Ballack

his a decent player and possibly the only one with a real future at Pompey. hope he can find a club that will play him week in week out i like boateng even if he did injure Ballack
Thats the best thing he ever did ;)