kallemannen

Reaction score
Hello

1.1 version, best possession and defence i could get for now
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...v1.1_3EEE0E69-7436-4B63-B907-EAEA68216232.fmf

I named this tactic project "Deadly duo" cause its my first ever 2 striker tactic. I always played with 1 st tactics, but now I got so bored of it and the idea of having 2 strikers in a classical 4-4-2, symmetrical with both strikers scoring was very appealing.

eKMu8y8

Some important info in this thread, please read before using tactic

I hope the screenshots work or else I Will post them in a separate post.

Instructions very similar to http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...deep-4-2-3-1-[tactic-development-thread].html
Control, fluid, except one thing, the "Drop deeper" instruction, well got that later

Usage info

Use Corner setup from here! http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-tactics/350036-corners-11-goals-23-games.html
Tactic creates a lot of possession in opponents final third, so having good set pieces really boosts the tactic.
I hope we will see some long throw setups as well in the future
But for now I use corner setup from Mazuma (Big thanks)

Be an active manager, use constant team talks

Im sure there are many guides to find.. most important, "concentrate" after scoring, get creative if no CCC/chance/goal, encourage after conceding, demand more whilst not having the lead vs bad team etc.

Get the Fastest beastliest, best agressive CBs u can find before we find a Defence fix

Get tactic from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8...v1.0_44DB1B46-8A04-48EF-A8B5-4496D0C85CD0.fmf

--------------------------------------------------------------

What I want you to help me improve

THE DEFENCE! I cant get it right this year.. its so frustrating, I get like no clean sheets.
This is the best I could do but Im still not happy, right now its a "score more than you" tactic and I dont like that

"Drop deeper" with "stopper CBs" was the best I could do
I simply cant play with a high line, and defend duty CBs dont make the tactic dominate.. Its just so hard to find the perfect balance. Perhaps messing with the fullbacks could help, maybe reduce their press and both support roles, try if u can to balance defence

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Screens

zQS9Grw

6NsNTTU

YgGAUe6

EGKY76x

View attachment 215622View attachment 215620View attachment 215619View attachment 215618View attachment 215617

Summary

As said, I wanted this tactic to have 2 scoring strikers with the same role
Yeah, a tactic that was completley symmetrical with scoring strikers, nice football and possession

its got al that except a good defence!
Its good enough to be a good tactic but we can make a better defence for sure

Last edited:
Double post? Mod can delete the other thread, apparently I created 2 threads..

As said, defence is the main issue
Maybe untick offside trap will solve it

Right now it has stopper CBs, offisde trap and drop deeper..
This combination was the least "******" for me so far.

Maybe untick offside trap, push higher up, defend cbs, tight marking
hmm, hard choice, Im sure someone will find a better defence than me for this tactic

Last edited:
I think you can just attach it to your post as a file, Not sure tho lol

You should try using a stopper/cover duo for the centrebacks. Works great in mine tactic, but I will download this and test it out. You will need to drop the offside trap then.

Last edited:
You should try using a stopper/cover duo for the centrebacks. Works great in mine tactic, but I will download this and test it out. You will need to drop the offside trap then.

Yeah, as said, any suggestion and changes to defence are highly welcome
please post here if u make a better defence

Working on an improved version
Hows it going for you guys?

Played with dortmund (yes i know) but still destroyed everything
then suddenly lost 1-4 in the cup, really weird