Dealing with players that have problems adapting to new countries

Reaction score
So Real Madrid are underperforming this season (2014-15). This means a lot of their players want to go out. Meanwhile, I got Benzema on a free (6) (and constantly looking at Ronaldo and Marcelo, both of them want to leve).

The problem is that my scouts say that he has troubles adapting. Any (proven) way of preventing this?

This already happened to me in older versions of FM, having a player taking one year to adapt. This would be bad with Benzema since he's already kind of old. Any tips?

PS: I'm in Arsenal and Benzema will join me at the end of the season

Last edited:
I had a problem with Kagawa when he joined my Newcastle save on a free transfer. Straight after he signed, he instantly stated he could not adapt to the lifestyle, talk about giving it no chance. I let him have extended leave twice to see if that sorted it but didn't. So I listed him and sold him to Roma for £8m in January of that season :D

sometimes getting players from the country they're from helps, like Kagawa get Honda in with him and they'll play well its sometimes a case of communication that hinders their settling