Dean Ashton Formally Retires...

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
Devastating news. I think he is a great player, such a shame :(

I've heard he wants to sue SWP and Chelsea because SWP was the one who did the foul in training that has led to this.

Such a pity, I'm sure he's absolutely gutted, football has lost a real gent.

kind of sad imo. lets hope he'll be back one day, in management (A)

This is ****** horrible news.

He was amazing.

kind of sad imo. lets hope he'll be back one day, in management (A)
Haha, yes **** probably return at the age of 30, since hes already youngish for football so hes gonna come back if west ham get relegated or something, i hope for the best for him

unlucky was such a great player, reli liked him at norwich and crewe.

Gutted for him. Decent player. I am sure over the last few seasons he has thought about where to go with his life.

No doubt he will be insured.

Does anyone have the Video of SWP injuring him please? Ive not seen it.

So Much potential, had the ability to be a top class forward. The next Shearer in my opinion. Shame he had such bad luck. Some players get the luck, some don't. Sad loss to West Ham aswell.

If he had not had his injury problems he could well of been going to the World Cup next year.

He was a good player but you could question his goal scoring record in top flight, I don't think he'd be an England starter to be honest but on and around the set up like Jermain Defoe, it is sad to see his talent be wasted.

He was a good player but you could question his goal scoring record in top flight, I don't think he'd be an England starter to be honest but on and around the set up like Jermain Defoe, it is sad to see his talent be wasted.

I see you point, But when you look at the time he was injured, it would be near impossible to get into a good run of form without an injury. Maybe he would have found his finishing boots, or he may have been a Heskey type of player, holding up the ball. Now we will never know.

The fact is that he still had time to improve, he could have found his boots again like Darren Bent has done at Sunderland. This all happened in training for the England squad wasn't it?? It's never good seeing anything like this happen and I hope he does make a return in football at some time, but I doubt he is the type of guy who would manage a squad.

Back