Debts will not force Torres sale

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton says that there is no financial pressure on the club to sell prize assets Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

More...

your a chelsea fan martin, try do us a favour lol.

Do you beilve him though. 70millions a lot of money.

Do you beilve him though. 70millions a lot of money.

Honestly Scott, I believe him as far as it goes...

Truth is that if Torres is sold the club becomes less attractive to a buyer. If Torres is sold, that money will go nowhere but straight to RBS to pay down what we owe them. Makes absolutely no sense to sell high profile players to pay down debt at the moment.

If we get to next January without a new owner, then I think that's when I'll start to worry about sales as that will be the time when RBS will have to start considering getting the 124 million which isn't guaranteed by Hicks and Gillette back.

I just think if hicks and gillet get offered 70million hard cash it will be very hard to reject it, If they want to keep rafa he is going to want funds, which he might not get unless a high proflie casualty.

I just think if hicks and gillet get offered 70million hard cash it will be very hard to reject it, If they want to keep rafa he is going to want funds, which he might not get unless a high proflie casualty.

There's no guarantee that if 70 million were offered it would be reinvested in the playing staff at all - one of Rafa's complaints is that over the past two seasons he hasn't had all the money he's raised from sales available to put back into transfers. Torres is more valuable to attract investors than selling him to pay off RBS to H&G right now - RBS has already shown there's going to be no new long-term loan, H&G seem to be getting the loan reconfirmed every 2 months at the moment, and even with selling Torres for 70 million they're still 167 million short of repaying the bank loans.

Benitez woud prefer Torres than 70 million to spend on new players.

off topic, but is jena current in the squad, because he should not be going. he offers nothing

liverpool need to sell torres especially if they were to get 70 million. at the moment liverpool have 2 players not a team if they were to get all the money back if they sold torres they could try and built a squad.

liverpool need to sell torres especially if they were to get 70 million. at the moment liverpool have 2 players not a team if they were to get all the money back if they sold torres they could try and built a squad.
Erm, we have a squad and a team.

a good one?? a good enough one to push for 4th next season???? inter millan did it they sold ibra and brang in 4 or 5 players now look at them.

that a bullshit argument,

Inter this time last year where 8 points clear, when i checked on wednesday there where 2 points clear.

a good one?? a good enough one to push for 4th next season???? inter millan did it they sold ibra and brang in 4 or 5 players now look at them.
They are not a good example, they win the league every year.
Saying we need to push for it, i believe it has been a blip season and we'll be much better next year.
Really, most teams 'rely' on players, you would we nothing without Lampard and Drogba. As would Arsenal without Van Persie, and Fabregas.

Erm, we got to the quarters of the champions league just last season with near enough the same team... We also got to second place in the premier league with near enough the same team.. so saying the current team isn't good enough to get 4th kinda makes you look like a complete dumbass.

Erm, we got to the quarters of the champions league just last season with near enough the same team... We also got to second place in the premier league with near enough the same team.. so saying the current team isn't good enough to get 4th kinda makes you look like a complete dumbass.

no it doesnt, becuase you said it there, The SAME team, so no Progress as been made, liverpool last season Stood still. They didnt improve as a team.( dont start on utd, cause they didnt reli either, but this thread isnt about utd) You have to move forward which liverpool didnt do. And it is extremely arrogant to say "it is just a blip" a blip would be finishing 4th for liverpool not fighting for 7th.

Love the way everyone calls us a two man team, I always thought Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Mascherano, Benayoun and Kuyt were all good players :S We could easily call Chelsea a two man team, Lampard and Drogba, same with most teams. The 70 Million from Torres would hardly help tbh and I think if he was sold Benitez would leave. We'd be better off waiting for new owners. As Zebedee said, I'd start worrying around January.

no it doesnt, becuase you said it there, The SAME team, so no Progress as been made, liverpool last season Stood still. They didnt improve as a team.( dont start on utd, cause they didnt reli either, but this thread isnt about utd) You have to move forward which liverpool didnt do. And it is extremely arrogant to say "it is just a blip" a blip would be finishing 4th for liverpool not fighting for 7th.

Hard to improve with no money mate. Even when Rafa sells players he doesn't get the full transfer intake, so to improve is very difficult for Liverpool atm. Especially when City and Chelsea have billionaire owners. And all the other teams around us have a lot more money than us.

Were did we finish 2 years ago? 4th. Three? 3rd. So no, a blip would be outside the top 4

Back