Debts will not force Torres sale

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K
Were did we finish 2 years ago? 4th. Three? 3rd. So no, a blip would be outside the top 4

So a blip is 6/7th year. Denial Much? Please you can honestly just think, "we be okay next year." without serious changes. I dont with utd, I think for utd to Get back to the top next year, we need to buy some major players. So you must surely think the same for liverpoo

This is more then a "blip" this is the start of a downward spiral, unless change,

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Love the way everyone calls us a two man team, I always thought Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Mascherano, Benayoun and Kuyt were all good players :S We could easily call Chelsea a two man team, Lampard and Drogba, same with most teams. The 70 Million from Torres would hardly help tbh and I think if he was sold Benitez would leave. We'd be better off waiting for new owners. As Zebedee said, I'd start worrying around January.

Hard to improve with no money mate. Even when Rafa sells players he doesn't get the full transfer intake, so to improve is very difficult for Liverpool atm. Especially when City and Chelsea have billionaire owners. And all the other teams around us have a lot more money than us.

I can understand that, But still this isnt a blip then, Becuase the same thing will happen this season, Unless a new owner comes in, so that makes this a start of a downward spiral.

So a blip is 6/7th year. Denial Much? Please you can honestly just think, "we be okay next year." without serious changes. I dont with utd, I think for utd to Get back to the top next year, we need to buy some major players. So you must surely think the same for liverpoo

This is more then a "blip" this is the start of a downward spiral, unless change,

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I can understand that, But still this isnt a blip then, Becuase the same thing will happen this season, Unless a new owner comes in, so that makes this a start of a downward spiral.
No, we do.We need new players,world class ones.A ST, LB and a creative winger. But, i doubt we'll buy any world class players. If Gerrard can get closer to his best, we will do much better next year.

No, we do.We need new players,world class ones.A ST, LB and a creative winger. But, i doubt we'll buy any world class players. If Gerrard can get closer to his best, we will do much better next year.

one man team then:P

This is a blip for Liverpool, and I heavily believe they will be back into the top four next season with the right guidance, e.g keep Rafa and the squad together and add 1 or 2 players if possible.

I've heard Rafa has about £15m to spend, if he signs the right player(s) they have got a good chance, but of course it's never going to be easy with the spending power of City and also Tottenham will be determined to keep their top four place.

Next season will be really interesting for that 4th spot.

This is a blip for Liverpool, and I heavily believe they will be back into the top four next season with the right guidance, e.g keep Rafa and the squad together and add 1 or 2 players if possible.

I've heard Rafa has about £15m to spend, if he signs the right player(s) they have got a good chance, but of course it's never going to be easy with the spending power of City and also Tottenham will be determined to keep their top four place.

Scott Buttons tip of the Day, Everton FC at 18-1 with William Hills to finsih 4th next season.

Scott Buttons tip of the Day, Everton FC at 18-1 with William Hills to finsih 4th next season.
Everton are another team that have a lot of potential, but time is ticking a bit for them with key players like Arteta, Cahill, Distin, Saha, Howard etc, but Moyes has got a reputation of finding players like Lescott (moved on for £20m+), Jagielka (one of the best centre backs in England now), Cahill (possibly one of the best players he's found), Arteta (never heard of him before he came to Everton, and he's quality).

Everton always get injuries every season to key players, and if they avoid that, they're contenders. Also players like Rodwell and Gosling are getting better and better, and I'm just waiting until Moyes picks up his new found player that will turn out to be another quality buy.

They are not a good example, they win the league every year.
Saying we need to push for it, i believe it has been a blip season and we'll be much better next year.
Really, most teams 'rely' on players, you would we nothing without Lampard and Drogba. As would Arsenal without Van Persie, and Fabregas.

for starters we was without drogba for a month this season.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

that a bullshit argument,

Inter this time last year where 8 points clear, when i checked on wednesday there where 2 points clear.

they are a better squad then what they were in the last few years. easily.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

gerrards had enough mate, year after year he has carried your team and for what??

So what, For starters we where without 13 defenders, Wayne was injured for your game. Injuries happen, live with it.

You still really on big players at the big moments, Hence why Drogbas scored 20 odd prem goals.

honestly you cant call it a blip if its happend all season. a blip is a few games or even a couple of months. this is a decline simple as that, and they need to realise this.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

So what, For starters we where without 13 defenders, Wayne was injured for your game. Injuries happen, live with it.

You still really on big players at the big moments, Hence why Drogbas scored 20 odd prem goals.

i never said anything about that he just said we would be nothing without drogba and lampard but thats bullshit.

gerrards had enough mate, year after year he has carried your team and for what??

For a Champions League, a couple of FA Cups a couple of League Cups, Charity Shields a Super Cup and a UEFA Cup. Oh not to mention Millions of pounds.

honestly you cant call it a blip if its happend all season. a blip is a few games or even a couple of months. this is a decline simple as that, and they need to realise this.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------[/COLOR]

i never said anything about that he just said we would be nothing without drogba and lampard but thats bullshit.

You wouldnt be nothing, but you wouldnt be top of the table without them 2, just the same way utd wouldnt be 2nd without rooney. it is fact.

You wouldnt be nothing, but you wouldnt be top of the table without them 2, just the same way utd wouldnt be 2nd without rooney. it is fact.

again can you tell me were i said we would still be top of the league??? no matter what even without drogba and lamps we would still be above liverpool without a dout.

again can you tell me were i said we would still be top of the league??? no matter what even without drogba and lamps we would still be above liverpool without a dout.

tell me where you i said you said that mate. If you didnt have them players all season, your be atlest 60 goals worse off, so yes you would be below liverpool.

tell me where you i said you said that mate. If you didnt have them players all season, your be atlest 60 goals worse off, so yes you would be below liverpool.

but whose to say the players that come in for them wouldnt score??? our subs are sensationly better then liverpools.

but whose to say the players that come in for them wouldnt score??? our subs are sensationly better then liverpools.

your Subs are better then Liverpools 1st team.

Anelka< Torres

Mikel< Gerrard,

So they would be the players to replace Lamps and Drogs, And they arene better then liverpools players.

your Subs are better then Liverpools 1st team.

Anelka< Torres

Mikel< Gerrard,

So they would be the players to replace Lamps and Drogs, And they arene better then liverpools players.

anelka was the premierships top scorer last season when he was our main striker.

And this season he is?????

And where did you finish Last season.

Not where you are now

and this season he isent our top striker like i said hes more limited. and we still finished 3rd with a awfull start to the season. we only lost 1 match from january to the end of the season last year under hiddink.

To me, that sounds about right.

We've been in net profit in the transfer market for the past 3 seasons. The squad is getting thinner and thinner in terms of depth and quality. This has coincided with attempts by three other clubs outside the then top 4 to break into the top 4. If you don't invest to match your opponents and your squad isn't of sufficient quality to see of the challenge, then you'll drop down the table. When everybody's figures come out for last season, I'll be willing to bet there'll be at least five other teams with higher wage bills then us and another which won't be too far away from us. Look at the league table and that's pretty much where we are - 6th/7th finish likely.

Our first XI can give a game to anybody. Take a couple of them out (and not just Gerrard and Torres) and we're struggling to find adequate cover at the moment, and even in a good season that's how many first team players will be out injured at any one time...

Without new owners, there'll be no new investment in the squad. Players sold off will not raise funds for new transfers but will help pay off the bank loans we owe. Welcome to mediocrity fellow Liverpool fans - unless we can shift our current pair of owners before they take us totally into ruin.

Back