Decreasing Financial Status...Why?

shorty_psp

Reaction score
Hello mates, i'm at benfica and im at 2014/2015 season i start with a financial balance with (6.25M) and month after month the board gives me a warning that the club had a prejudice of 1M and i have a very big difference with the salaries that i can offer. I can offer (i think) 100M and i'm offering tothe players 50M (i think that the values are wrong but u get the picture)

Oh btw i'm at the champions league and a win gives me 600,000€...so

Thanks in advance ;)

Could you post up the screenshots of the four financial screens? I don't read Portugese but the numbers are international :)

One thing to check would be your transfers. Have you bought in the last 24 months players with high monthly fees still pending? You can go to transfer section of your team and there to the clauses and see how much you have left to pay per month for each bought player.

One thing to check would be your transfers. Have you bought in the last 24 months players with high monthly fees still pending? You can go to transfer section of your team and there to the clauses and see how much you have left to pay per month for each bought player.

That's a possibility :p
I'll check ;)

Edit: Nop i have to recieve 22m€ for a transfer x) and you can see the financial status (1º image) when it comes down to almost 30M€, that was when i activate that clause of the monthly pay. Good try thought :)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Could you post up the screenshots of the four financial screens? I don't read Portugese but the numbers are international :)

Sure...wait a sec :)

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

There it is (H)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7853/53693684.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8143/fm2e.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6479/fm3g.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6873/fm4c.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2576/fm5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're keeping Benfica afloat through prize money. As you've not got much so far this season, it could be the board are looking at that 2 million loss a month and working out that you'll be in financial trouble very soon - perhaps before your prize money can help out. Keep winning and earning the same prize money as last year and you should be ok :)

Looks like you're keeping Benfica afloat through prize money. As you've not got much so far this season, it could be the board are looking at that 2 million loss a month and working out that you'll be in financial trouble very soon - perhaps before your prize money can help out. Keep winning and earning the same prize money as last year and you should be ok :)

But i'm losing the money without doing anytihng x)
Maybe the salaries are to high? :D

I'm having the same problem at Benfica.

Because the match-income is not much you struggle to make profit.

Try to buy young and cheap players and turn them in good players and sell them for big money transfers.

Also it would help for you to have a link with a club from Japan or U.S.A with financial benefits from merchandising.

Every year do a country tournee in one of those countries so the monthly profit will increase.

Also try to arrange friendly matches at home when your best players are with their national squads that would give you a little help with your financial problems.

At least it's what i do :p

hope i've been helpful and sorry for my bad english :p

Merchandising links only help if you buy players with a high enough reputation that they trigger increased shirt sales.

Nani Espinha gives very good advice otherwise. (And your English is good Nani.)

Remember that the important thing is whether or not you make a loss at the end of the football season. So stay within the wage limits your board give you (if they are wrong, that's not your fault and won't harm your job unless your club goes bankrupt and you get new owners who don't like you - but you're nowhere near there yet!).

Football clubs tend to get most of their money at the very start of the season and the very end of the season, so don't worry too much if you make a loss every month unless those losses added together will make you have a loss at the very end of the season.

I'm having the same problem at Benfica.

Because the match-income is not much you struggle to make profit.

Try to buy young and cheap players and turn them in good players and sell them for big money transfers.

Also it would help for you to have a link with a club from Japan or U.S.A with financial benefits from merchandising.

Every year do a country tournee in one of those countries so the monthly profit will increase.

Also try to arrange friendly matches at home when your best players are with their national squads that would give you a little help with your financial problems.

At least it's what i do :p

hope i've been helpful and sorry for my bad english :p

Thanks, and ur english is fine...we are both portuguese x) (If i'm not mistaken)

it's a great advise but... how can you have a link with a japanese or USA club? and how can you have financial benefits?

Great advise thought :D

Obrigado

Merchandising links only help if you buy players with a high enough reputation that they trigger increased shirt sales.
QUOTE]

But you can also do it by winning the league and increasing the club reputation.

Just keep asking your board direction for a feeder club with finance benefits.

But you can also do it by winning the league and increasing the club reputation.

Just keep asking your board direction for a feeder club with finance benefits.

Someone analysed it over on the SI forums and the increase in money only came from buying players who had the reputation to trigger increased shirt sales. I've not played enough in the higher leagues to judge for myself. It might be you've spotted something their test did not reveal.