jordyboy2468

Reaction score
I play a 433 with a deep lying play maker in the dmc role, with the primary aim of receiving the ball from the defenders and then passing to more advanced players. So would having roam from position on the playmaker be better for him picking the ball off the defenders?

I play a 433 with a deep lying play maker in the dmc role, with the primary aim of receiving the ball from the defenders and then passing to more advanced players. So would having roam from position on the playmaker be better for him picking the ball off the defenders?

Not really in my view, you want him hold position and be a constant outlet for the defenders, teach them the drops deep PPM

Probably not, but maybe...

I usually play some combination of 4-3-3 with a dm and I wouldn't let him roam either. Usually, I like to play an anchorman (or maybe DM-D) in that position and then I drop his mentality a little (its usually lower than that of my cbs). I then set his touchline instructions to "hugs touchline" so he will roam left and right and provide an outlet for my cbs as well as supporting my attacking play in order to recycle possession. If you allowed him to roam, then you would probably have to adjust the mentality/instructions of your fbs in order to ensure defensive stability.

I like want my dm to play like Busquets and work to provide a pivot throughout the pitch and then drop in between the cbs if my fbs get caught up the pitch (the ME is only somewhat capable of reproducing this role). If you do set him to roam, then he would have to have exceptional mental attributes (especially in positioning, anticipation and decisions) or he could destabilize your entire defense. I usually set a dlp-s as one of my 2 cms and then set him to roam (and give him very high creative freedom), but my I generally try to build my teams around the anchorman and the dlp-s. Good luck