Reaction score
I'm looking for a young deep-lying playmaker to provide short-term backup, and a long-term replacement for Michael Carrick at Man Utd. Carrick will probably go in roughly 3 years, so I'm looking for a player who's about 18, with the most important stats being positioning, and secondly passing.

Need a player who likes to sit deep and rarely move far from position, to keep the structure of the team in place, allowing other midfielders the freedom to close down and get forward at speed. Doesn't have to be a particularly good tackler, just someone who will stand his ground and make it difficult for the opposition to find their way through, until a ball winning midfielder closes them down. Needs good mental stats, like anticipation and teamwork, which can be rare to find in a wonderkid. If they've got decent passing stats that'd be a bonus.

Not looking for someone who can come in and make an immediate impact, because Carrick still has a couple of years in him left, but a young player with potential. Prepared to invest about £5 million.

Not sure how long term this one is but Poli is an excellent DLP who can do much better than Carrick

Marco Verratti, although as I'm typing this I just realised you only want to spend 5 million, and there's next to no chance you'll get him for that. Andrea Poli is a good shout though, although I'm not sure you'll even get him for that price.

Marco Verratti, although as I'm typing this I just realised you only want to spend 5 million, and there's next to no chance you'll get him for that. Andrea Poli is a good shout though, although I'm not sure you'll even get him for that price.

I got him for 4.6 million and you could always use monthly instalments if need be?

Cheers guys, the main problem is I've only got small database and the Premiership is the only league. My computer isn't great, didn't want to overflow it and ruin the game later. Not many great wonderkids out there on the database unfortunately, may have to wait for the regens.

Have actually scouted the game for gems at the same position/role. As I am playing with Real Madrid and I'm using Xabi Alonso just as you are using Michael Carrick. Have a list of players that would fit in pretty well for what you are asking for, and some that might be worth considering even though they might not fit the "parameters".

Marco Verratti (PSG) + Young, passing, technique, future Andre Pirlo. - Expensive, marking.
Fernando (Grêmio) + Very all-round, farely cheap. - Adaption.
Paul Pogba (Juventus) + Very cheap, passing. - Potential in the game? Willingness to return to Old Trafford.
Ander Herrera (Bilbao) + Brilliant in the game, passing. - 23 yrs, more of a offensive midfielder?
Ruben Pardo (Real Sociedad) + Future Xabi Alonso, passing. - Expensive.
Oliver Torres (At. Madrid) + Wonderkid, passing. - Defensive qualities.
Ilkay Gündogan (Dortmund) + Passing, technique, brilliant. - 21 yrs, price tag.

These players should be taken in consideration. Not sure myself about which one of these players I will go for, but must say that since Im playing with Real Madrid the spaniards Ruben Pardo and Oliver Torres seems most appealing. But have some sort of crush on the likes of Ilkay Gündogan and Paul Pogba so will be hard to decide.

Have actually scouted the game for gems at the same position/role. As I am playing with Real Madrid and I'm using Xabi Alonso just as you are using Michael Carrick. Have a list of players that would fit in pretty well for what you are asking for, and some that might be worth considering even though they might not fit the "parameters".

Marco Verratti (PSG) + Young, passing, technique, future Andre Pirlo. - Expensive, marking.
Fernando (Grêmio) + Very all-round, farely cheap. - Adaption.
Paul Pogba (Juventus) + Very cheap, passing. - Potential in the game? Willingness to return to Old Trafford.
Ander Herrera (Bilbao) + Brilliant in the game, passing. - 23 yrs, more of a offensive midfielder?
Ruben Pardo (Real Sociedad) + Future Xabi Alonso, passing. - Expensive.
Oliver Torres (At. Madrid) + Wonderkid, passing. - Defensive qualities.
Ilkay Gündogan (Dortmund) + Passing, technique, brilliant. - 21 yrs, price tag.

These players should be taken in consideration. Not sure myself about which one of these players I will go for, but must say that since Im playing with Real Madrid the spaniards Ruben Pardo and Oliver Torres seems most appealing. But have some sort of crush on the likes of Ilkay Gündogan and Paul Pogba so will be hard to decide.

Thanks will give those players a search. Although my main problem is I'm 9pts behind Chelsea in the league! It's incredibly frustrating, really want to win the league but it doesn't look like its gunna happen. Maybe I need to sort out my tactics. Cheers