gunnerjames

Reaction score
I am setting up a 4231 formation with Arsenal and I wanted some advice on playing with two deep lying playmakers - defend in the MC position. What I want to achieve is to have my 2 midfielders screening the back four and starting attacks. I have Song and Arteta at the moment in central midfield but I am also looking to get Yann M'Villa or Fellani to play alongside Song in tougher games away from home.

If anyone got any advice on playing with two deep lying playmakers in central midfield that would be great

I didn't play 2 DLP but I use Arteta for my DLP and he works great :) in fact, I use him so much he even broke into the spanish squad for the Euro 2012. Now in my 3rd season and Arteta is still my first choice DLP and I cannot find anyone to replace him at this point in time.

I didn't play 2 DLP but I use Arteta for my DLP and he works great :) in fact, I use him so much he even broke into the spanish squad for the Euro 2012. Now in my 3rd season and Arteta is still my first choice DLP and I cannot find anyone to replace him at this point in time.

can u post the instructions of your arteta? cause my arteta's perfomance isn't good. thanks in advance

DLP with defending role. I play him alongside Ramsey with AP support role. Works really well for me.