kelo624

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with a custom league I created, in the editor for nation rules, I left the league sorting rules blank thinking that it would give a default set, like goal differential. Now I am a good way into my season and I noticed this is not the case, teams on the same points with higher GD are sometimes lower than the others. I've put way too much time into the game to start over, I'm trying to figure out how the league is sorted, but the table isn't detailed enough. If anybody can help me get an idea of what the rules are, it would be greatly appreciated.
edit: Here is the table
View attachment 331567

Last edited:
Not sure what the computers default setting is for sure, but upon a quick glance over at your graphic it would appear that all teams on level points are then ordered alphabetically by club name.

Haha, I was looking at all the stats, never would have thought about the names, but that seems to be the problem. I just simulated a 40 team custom league with no rules to the end of the season, and yep, every instance is sorted alphabetically, no good. No choice but to start over, thanks for your help.

I think you should change the sorting rules to "matches between teams" in the editor.
Your save game won't work you have to restart the game

I'm having a problem with a custom league I created, in the editor for nation rules, I left the league sorting rules blank thinking that it would give a default set, like goal differential. Now I am a good way into my season and I noticed this is not the case, teams on the same points with higher GD are sometimes lower than the others. I've put way too much time into the game to start over, I'm trying to figure out how the league is sorted, but the table isn't detailed enough. If anybody can help me get an idea of what the rules are, it would be greatly appreciated.
edit: Here is the table
View attachment 331567
Why would you want to play the MLS as one big league? The sub-leagues is the best thing about it.

Well, that wasn't the only change I made, I added a lower division, a relegation playoff between teams from both divisions, and a three team playoff championship. I have another save with the dafault MLS, but I just wanted to switch it up.