MAN U FAN

Reaction score
I am doing a Manchester United game and i am letting in to many goals. I push my defence back and strkiers still have yards of room behind them which cause lots of one on one goals also how do i stop teams hitting me on the conuter attack alot and what should i do because when ever i score i let goals in minutes later. Any help would be good.

looks like you are playing ultra-attacking style football which always means lot of counter goals. lowing down team mentality may help. also try to tick "play offside" in team settings menu. the reason also could be too much attacking mentality for your defenders. low it down and make sure they are down narrowed. however i advice you to post a screen of your team configuration so we can see whats the problem

i had that problem as well with man utd
i then made the defenders play deep, only close down in own area, team mentality slightly lower than it was b4

Mentality-normal
Creative freedom- hign normal
Passing style- short
Tenpo-high normal
Width- high normal
Closing down-own half
Time wasting-rarely
Defensive line- deep
Tackling- normal
Focus passing- mixed
Marking- Zonal
Only playmaker is tick.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Thanks for your help guys i have made a few changes like closing down only in area for centre backs and i have signed Sergio Asenjo. I have played 7 games of the new season and only let in 3 goals which is amazing for my side anyway.

Mentality-normal
Creative freedom- hign normal
Passing style- short
Tenpo-high normal
Width- high normal
Closing down-own half
Time wasting-rarely
Defensive line- deep
Tackling- normal
Focus passing- mixed
Marking- Zonal
Only playmaker is tick.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Thanks for your help guys i have made a few changes like closing down only in area for centre backs and i have signed Sergio Asenjo. I have played 7 games of the new season and only let in 3 goals which is amazing for my side anyway.

your tactics are all wrong...

giving creative freedom alot for your team is a mistake, Only give your playmaker alot of creative freedom

playing short passing with normal tempo? whats that...it should be short passing with quick tempo and high mentality...

Also watch your games carefully to see where your conceding from then set your tactics to fix it:)

Last edited:
A defensively minded midfielder is also almost a necessity now. Either a very good MC who can play DMC, set to cover between your central defence or at least one true DMC.

The game is designed to simulate 'real' football. And you'll see almost every team now plays with that player/position because it's so vital.

play a higher line and play offside cos you have fairly quick centre backs