Div_Muzza

Reaction score
I play a 442. Currently I play a straight back line with no forward or back runs. But I noticed In a thread(Which I cant find now) a few people wer playing theyre fullbacks going forward and theyr centre back mooving back to the 6 yard box.
As shown.

.^..........................^
.l.............................l
LB.......CB.....CB........RB
...........l .......l
...........l .......l
...........l .......l
...........v .....v

..............GK

Ive tried this in a few easy games and ive scored more goals than I would normally have. Is it a good tactic to use agains bigger teams?

If you play it let me know how it has worke for you.

Last edited:
I play a 442. Currently I play a straight back line with no forward or back runs. But I noticed In a thread(Which I cant find now) a few people were playing their fullbacks going forward and their centre back moving back to the 6 yard box.

Those arrows mean that the Fullback make forwards runs more often and that the DC´s make them more rarely. The arrows is just a visual representation of that and were the arrow "ends"( like in t he 6-yard box) means nothing.( Given that you play FM2009 and not 08)

So the answer to if its a good setting when playing against bigger teams is down to the mentality settings. If you are playing with an higher than average mentality, also given to the FBs, it will probably be a bit risky giving your them further attacking instructions( the fwruns). But if you are playing a narrow, defensive minded approach on the counter, it can sometimes be crucial to create space with the fullbacks, to push the AI´s back in the field.

Last edited: